Friday 13 November 2020

Yusses! Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrugated!

The sleep on the sleeper couch was good. It was early when the house awoke and started to get ready for the day. For me, quick 🚿 and 💩. Well I don't think mine had eyes 🤷‍♂️. Then pack and ready. The first 5kms I would be riding out with my hosts. There was a heavy fog and it was 🥶. Only one jacket 🥶 so not too bad really. The 4 of us get going. Bit of banter until we depart ways. They are going North. Me, East. The wind definitely favors my route. A pretty strong tailwind. Their ride would see them straight into it 😏🤯🤙.
Lots more used diamond mines. Big fences. Not much activity. The road... another story. Rutted. No not rutted. Rututututututted. No, organ destroying rututututututted. It was bad. Bad to my old bones. I was not happy. Downhills were slow. You just got shook to smithereens. I felt violated. Decimated. It was... 🚳🉐️🈸️🔞 fucking terrible. 
I read on a map there was to be 40kms of this. My life plans changed. I would need to become a woman. My 🥎🥎 had fallen off. The remainder of my hair had fallen out. I keep going. Promising myself if I get through this day alive I am buying some suspension. 
Up, down and around. Miles and miles of old mines. All fenced off. Then around a corner. A couple of guys. They were up to no good. What were they doing in this neighborhood?! 🤡👹. Illegal panning by the looks of it. Right next to the road 😅. About 10 or so men. 2 cars. The one shouted at me to come and prospect with them. Ummmm no thanks. I wave as I hurry by. More of the same for quite some time. Then a mine on the left. Very much operational. I wouldn't say on a huge scale but they had a few large bulldozers and machines going at it.
After 60 😳😲 yes 6️⃣ 0️⃣ kilometers of mind altering shaking I see the tar. Well about bloody time. I see the reason for the tar. A generous Pass. Spectakel pass. It doesn't look too bad. Experience tells me not to judge by looks. I still think bwa ha this won't take long. The first part is dealt with promptly. Good going Greg. It's not that steep. I get to the summit. ❌😅 no it's not. More climbing. Keep going. I look again, the summit woohoo. ❌😅 no it's not 🤬🤬. I pull over. Fill my bottles from my reserve in my pannier. Let's go. Summit woohoo ✅✔🕺. There is a small flat section followed by a short, fast down. Lovely. Round the corner 😳😲😯😮🥺😱🤬🤬🤬🤬. What do you think? Well you wrong. More bloody uphill. I dig deep ⛏🕳. Normally I would be fine with this situation. Unfortunately for me the rutted million mile march had left me in an undesirable mood. I was beginning to not enjoy my own company. It was not good. 
I keep going. Obviously!! I deal with that climb. Little bit more flat then another fun descent. Around the corner and what 😳😱. Another climb. I check to see if I can get signal. Does uber operate around here 🤔. Nothing. The language is bad. I have no choice. Keep going you moron. It is hard work. I am tired. Legs are sore. Balls are missing and humor has failed. The temperature has also decided to rise like the bloody hill. Sky high. No fear. I keep moving. 
Up that section. What do you know 😳😳 I can see Nando's. Well presto. A small descent takes me right to the door. Chicken burger and chips please lady. Throw me with a large 🚰 to boot. I sit outside and wait for my bounty. It arrives. It doesn't take long until the plate is clean. It was my first food for the day. Yummy in my tummy. I book in at the campsite. My erections complete (tent and mattress) you filthy people, I head to the bike shop. Pedals greased. Spar (good for you) has my usual order waiting. A lotto ticket just incase. Friday the 1️⃣3️⃣,  2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣0️⃣. Who knows! Back to the site. My camp is lekka. 🚿🛁. I feel grand.
To add to this day vodacrap has been on the blink. So my 🐕➕🦴 that's ☎️ has only just come back online. Anyways!! Such is life. 
I wish you all peace, happiness, love and prosperity. Today taught me absolutely nothing. Not even bad language makes the hills easier. Just keep on keeping on. It will happen eventually. TIA after all.
Sweet dreams my good people. 
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment