Saturday 28 November 2020

Short & Lo oooooooooong

It was a second night of bush sleeping. This time a spot I have slept at twice before. In a little sort of pine forest ๐Ÿ• not quite as elegant as that ๐Ÿ˜…. I had a little spare time before dinner so a walk was enjoyed. The ride had not been much to talk of. Basically straddle the saddle and roll down the hill ⛰. Well obviously not quite as simple but you get my drift. 
The sleep was good. Pine needles are as comfortable as it gets. A little noisy but you get used to it quickly. The morning saw me wake (luckily) and get going to where I am now. Oasis silly! The big climb just past Mount Cedar is one of my test places. I get going. It's steep. I have food for ⏸ days. I am tired of running out and being hungry. My bike is laden like a donkey cart ๐Ÿฆ“๐Ÿ›ท. It's more steep. I push harder. No traffic ⛔๐Ÿšซ The heat is rising. So is my cadence. I feel good. Then like a government tender, with no explanation I have taken first place. It felt good. Over the summit. I check later in the statistics office that i have knocked off about 7 minutes from my last lazy attempt. 
Booked in, ๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿงผ๐Ÿงฝ and feeling legit I have a beer to celebrate my days achievement.
Today was a different kettle of ๐Ÿก๐Ÿ ๐ŸŸ. Wupperthal return. I tried this once ๐Ÿ…ฑ️4️⃣ from here but had to ๐Ÿ†Ž️๐Ÿ…ฐ️nd๐Ÿ…พ️n it half way as I was in pain from being undertrained and a ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ‘ถ. So needless to say this time that would not be allowed. I get going. I feel ✅. Up. More up. More up ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿค”. More ๐Ÿ†™️๐Ÿคจ. Dadaaaah. The summit. Doing well I feel ๐Ÿ†—️. Bit of sand ๐Ÿคฌ. ๐Ÿ”™ to business. I pass the spot I ๐Ÿ”„ last time. Feeling good. It's ๐ŸŒก๐ŸŒก. No time to worry about the heat. Not much further along and then there it is. ๐Ÿž. The little town. It is a fast descent of about 400 meters into the town. I take chances on the ↩ and the ↪ it's fun. Just like that it is ๐Ÿ. I am in the town. Off to the little shop to buy a ๐Ÿฅค➕๐Ÿซ, goes down a treat. I ride around while I devour my goodies.
The return ๐Ÿฆต. Well starts with that bloody climb which I just near lost my life on several times. Juuuses. Sorry I mean juuuuuuuuuuuuses it is steep. I didn't realize how much I would enjoy it ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿคฅ. Actually I did. Ripley's! 
I dismissed it way quicker than I thought. About 3️⃣0️⃣ minutes. I have planned for at least 45. This is where it started. Go boy go. I was all over this ๐Ÿ’ฉ. The legs went well. Past this. Past that. Past the sand ๐Ÿคฌ. 3 seriously serious offroad ๐Ÿš—๐Ÿš™๐Ÿš ve hic acles come towards me and give me encouragement. Dude you have an engine. I have 2 ๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿฆต that are exploding. Nonetheless we all wave. ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹. I keep ๐Ÿ”จ๐Ÿ”จ it. Just like a dry river bed has no water, a beer has no alcohol, I have never been drunk... okay okay the middle one is not true ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜…. 
I can't believe it. Believe it because it is true. I am back on the main road to my abode. I feel good. Happy that I did this ride I am resting for tomorrows hills I will have to encounter. 
What did I learn today. Take it as it comes. It's only life. Do what you can, when you can. Enjoy it. Have fun. And most importantly don't be a ๐Ÿˆ. Just don't. 
Until next time, take care of yourselves and send me money. ๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ
Chat soon people. Mwah.

No comments:

Post a Comment