Saturday 7 November 2020

✅news➕❎news

Good news and bad news. Yes one of those days❗ The good news, well it wasn't nearly as ๐ŸŒฌ windy as yesterday. Nope. No way. It was way worse๐ŸŒฌ❗ So thanks ๐Ÿ™ to the wind god. Your work is not appreciated by me today. 
It was a fairly decent start. Again I did not want to leave too early. No much of a ride today. 5️⃣0️⃣ or so kilometers. An easyish day. Except for... the wind. If yesterday was a 5 on the wind scale today was a 7. I don't mean you see people or things flying around but it is hard work when you are riding into the ๐Ÿฆท๐Ÿฆท๐Ÿฆท๐Ÿฆท of it. Not to mention the first 3 kms was a very unwelcomed uphill. After a fairly poor nights sleep it was a just plain rude. But as the saying goes "this bike ain't going to ride itself." So onwards and upwards. The scenery most certainly helped. It was very impressive. 
So the first stretch, about 13kms. Then a left. This road would take to me to my destination. The wind, well just as bad. I guess that is how it works. A tailwind which you never remember or a headwind which you never forget. It was good going though. No rush today. Just pedal and go. No rain and only 50 to do. 
Suddenly a right turn is taken and low and behold I am now next to the ocean. It is enjoyable and actually pretty good riding. This is how I envisioned my trip. Less the hurricane wind. I was actually having a good time. On this road is the good and the bad. I see ๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข all walking across the road. Not together. At different spots. Luckily all still moving and no signs of flattened ones. So far happy days. Then close to my destination I see the bad. A ๐Ÿˆ that won't be purring anymore. I move it from the middle of the road. Put it in the bush. Is that what a bushcat is? ๐Ÿคท‍♂️. I thought it was something else. I move on. Nothing else I could do.
I get to Lamberts bay. I ask around for Adam, but no one seems to know him. I thought he was pretty famous. Obviously not in his own town๐Ÿคช❗. First port of call... Spar (good for you). I get the usual including a good mix of fruit. I need to look after myself a bit better. Bill paid I go down to the local hotel for a coffee. The doorman is very friendly and says I can leave my bike inside.  Dah! It ain't staying in the road einstein. So with a watchful ๐Ÿ‘ on my worldly belongings I enjoy a cup of pretty ๐Ÿ†—️ ☕. It is welcomed as I haven't had a cup for a day or two.
Back on the road it's not far to my spot. Found it on the inter๐Ÿ•ธ. I stop at the wrong place. A bar just out of town. I enquire with the locals how to get here. I gave up after 3 times asking them. They had very limited english and looked liked they had been going since the night before. I was actually impressed they were still standing. This at 13.00 hours. What a life.
I get moving down the road as my GPS is less intoxicated. Over the hill and there is the signpost. CAMPING ๐Ÿ•⛺. I see the office hand. Lekka fella. He is also the barman. I tell him my story. It's gonna rain tonight he says. I am impressed with his knowledge. Oh I say! Do you have a spot with a bit of shade cloth then maybe? Let's go and have a look he inspires. He hops into KIT and here I am. An amazing spot. Actually he has let me use a cottage sort of thing. No bedding but everything else is here. Suits me perfectly. I thank Michael and he reminds me that it will rain this evening. All washed and cleaned I will be up to the bar in a bit for the wifi. It has been a good day. Someone won't be getting any pussy tonight but I couldn't leave it in the middle of the road. Besides none for me... none for you! 
Happy Saturday everyone. Don't even think anyone reads this drivel anymore. Who the hell knows! 
Take care all. Be good. Be safe. Give a hug today. Receive a hug. Smile at a random person. 
Love G.

1 comment: