Tuesday 10 November 2020

♻️ Life

Yesterday was the beginning of better days. I don't like to jinx things, but I feel much better. Sunday was crappy. You might have picked that up ๐Ÿ˜…. Yesterday's ride was good. It was better than good. Not top 10 but it changed my attitude. Up. Pack. Let's go ๐Ÿšฒ๐Ÿš€๐Ÿšฆ. The weather was good. Warm. Not hell warm ๐Ÿ˜ˆ more like 2️⃣5️⃣๐ŸŒก get your ๐Ÿšฒ and ride warm.
Out the town of no atmosphere. Left. Onto the road to Nuwerus. I prefer the warmer weather ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿงฅ๐Ÿ•ถ so as I got closer inland the smile grew on my ๐Ÿšคrace. It was good. The speed was high. Tailwind, thank you god of wind. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜˜. Tar and beautiful conditions. Just what the ๐Ÿฉบ ordered. Loads of massive ๐Ÿš›. All friendly. All waved. Okay I ๐Ÿ‘‹ first but they all reciprocated ๐Ÿ†’️. Then out of nowhere it all ends. Just like that ๐Ÿ—ฏ. A right turn ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ‘ฟ on dirt ๐Ÿฅด. 
I mean I own a mtb what was the complaint again... ๐Ÿ‘พ๐Ÿ™ˆ. The usual few tortoises. Luckily on their side of the road so no issue there. I can't stand traffic jams. Before long there is a sign. I saw the sign. It opened up my eyes. I saw the sign. Nuwerus 1️⃣0️⃣ ๐Ÿฆฒ. I had hardly warmed up. It was good. I was ready for a ๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿงผ๐Ÿงฝ. Wash away the previous days negativity. ๐Ÿฅšcellent.
I check in with the boss. She is friendly and spot is great. Not too busy so I have  the corner to myself. She is absolutely ๐Ÿฅœ๐Ÿฅœ over 19. I covid my face with my buff. Tell her I will be more careful. Pleased with my find I set up camp. It gets warm in the pm. This was temporary. By sundown the wind is absolutely howling ๐Ÿบ. And the temperature has dropped. Luckily I have a new sleeping bag. It is ⭕๐ŸŒก rated. It keeps me warm until I wake this morning. 
Today: ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆฏr
Get up. Eat. Shower. ๐Ÿ’ฉ. ๐Ÿช’. I feel spectacular. Will it last?❔❓
It does. Yesterday I booked in here. Sophie's. Not the main gig. But she has a side gig. Down the drag. Like a room. So no ⛺. Not ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ but a lekka jol. It has a ๐Ÿ–ฅ. Electric. Fridge. Bathroom. The town it is in however is no so grand. A place called Garies. Don't rush here. But if you in the area stop in. Actually just do a drive by. Actually don't waste your gas. Drive on by. 
Ride was again.... phenomenal. Tailwind. 80kms. All tar. Just excellent riding. Oh thank you Greg. You welcome ๐Ÿ˜. It was super fun. Traffic not bad. Speed was good. Day was good. Fun was had. Bish bosh macintosh. 
Tomorrow... a day back to the ๐ŸŒŠ. I know. Why you ask. Because I am heading to the road that is open. The open road. It used to be closed. The ♦️๐Ÿ’Ž road. So fingers crossed I find one ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ’ฃ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿง๐Ÿค ๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿคฉ. I might be offline for a bit. Either jail or prospecting. 
I want to just say thanks again. To all of you. I have met some amazing people so far. Also some complete wankers. The world has them all. For the most part I love this trip. It's lonely. It can be difficult. But I am here. On my journey. If you know me then you are on this journey with me. It is our journey. 
I was in a car here about 4 months ago. I joked and said I would love to ride to Namibia. I have been saying it for a few years. As a crow flies I am only 200kms away from the border right now. But only as I would do, I am going to have a 300km detour now. If I find a few diamonds, beers and coke on me when I get back. A cola of course ๐Ÿ˜. We will have to find somewhere to sell them. I know a guy who knows a guy sort of thing. 
Sorry the jokes are a bit thin. I have a few days to get myself together. 
Learning that love is important. It is necessary. It is essential. I am learning on this trip. 
Thanks all. You mean a lot. Keep it real. 
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment