Sunday 1 November 2020

Let's Go!

It was a lazy opener. The eyes peaked out to see what the day was to hold. There were a few boxes to be ticked before the absolute start was to be given the go ahead. Sunshine ✔ lack of wind ✔ good attitude ✔ no hangover ✔, seems today had arrived as per order. Up, clean, dress, bike and of course huge smile. It was time. Richard was to join me for the first leg (5kms or so) and then he would turn around. 
We had a good start. The usual covid discussion followed by the purpose of this trip. It is always useful to get as many opinions as possible. Ideas are different and I value input from those around me. 
Once he had left me to defend for myself it was a very chilled and steady pace. Through Claremont. Then Pinelands. Industrial area. Who's betting, next was Grand West. Then the Northern Suburbs. I know this route now. All tar. Luckily not too busy. Almost every single car giving me plenty of room. It was fantabulous. Jimmy shoes, no souls today. I was really pleased with the progress. 
Into Stellenbosch. A food for one please my good man. Don't spare the ribs. With a good meal devoured it was back on the Lyn. A small pass stood between me and my destination. The legs know this hill well. I like to give myself a time to aim for. Then knock at least 5 minutes off of it. Today was not that day. No sir! All the timers were off and it was a fun day. I took my time. Soaking in the views. My surroundings. My time. My trip. I have been feeling extremely uneasy the last few days and I really just wanted a good day. It was. It was splendid. Marvelous. 
Summiting the peak, I stop and once again just take it in. Emotions high. Tears here and there. An understanding of what is. A communication of soul and nature. A blessing. Complete gratitude. A full and undivided mind of presence. My trip had started and I wasn't fully aware of my absolute loneliness. I took a moment to absorb it all.
Next comes the descent. It's fun. It's slightly dangerous. Almost entirely full gas and occasionally white knuckled. Gripping on like a roller coaster ride I enjoy the excitement and tell the brakes to go for lunch. It was fun. Smiles and giggles all the way down. So much fun that I had to pop in to the wine farm at the end for a quick 🚽 break. 
From here a gentle 5 or so kilometers to my brothers farm. I am bedding here for the night. It is a little spot of luxury that I am grateful for on my first night. After a walk around the farm, dinner was served on the patio of the new yoga studio. It is a very tranquil and stunning venue. Tomorrow is the opening day. It will be a place that all who attend will see the beauty and peace afforded to them. 
Cleaned, tired and in bed. 
Success is a personal goal. Happiness, a true blessing. Love, a powerful tool. Contentment, minds greatest achievement. To have all is a story of power. This shall be. For you. For me. 
Sleep tight good people. Dream well. Think softly. But most of all breathe. 
Love and happiness G.

No comments:

Post a Comment