Saturday 21 November 2020

Saturday 21st November

In the middle of the night, I go walking in my sleep. No that's rubbish. However at about ๐Ÿ•špm a truck and trailer came past my address. As you can ๐Ÿ‘€ by the stationary movie, I was pretty close to the road. Needless to say it woke me up in a very unpleasant way. I thought I was actually dreaming until I realized I wasn't!

It was a sunrise start. So early. Probably moving by around 6.20am. Yusses boet that are early. The shop is about 20kms down the road. I reach there by 7. Luckily they only open at 8 so I rest up against the wall. Out of 5L waters, I had to stock up on little bottles. They fit well in the bags but expensive and a waste of plastic. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคจ
I carry on down the main road. It is gravel. Not too rutted so I get a healthy speed going. Today's plan, Nieuwoudtville. Lekka ding. It's a dirt road for about a hundred kilos then swing a right and about 60 down the tar. Everything is going pretty smoothly. I am satisfied with the days proceedings. Up until about kilometer 70. Suddenly it just seems as though I have been in this area before. It is the weirdest feeling ever. I don't stop or anything, it was just quite a strange feeling that held on for some time. The riding was good. I eventually shake off the feeling and pick up some speed.
About 10 kilometers from the tar I stop for a few biscuits and some coke. Like little bits of heaven they go down nicely. At this point for some or another reason I completely change my ๐Ÿง . I decide to go to Louriesfontein instead and then head for Calvinia. I have plenty of time for this trip so I still am not sure why this happened. I get to Louriesfontein. Stop in for water. I get a slap chips ๐ŸŸ too. Yum. The stop is brief and as soon as the slaps are finished I am off. Again I don't know what happened here. There are 3 route options. 2 tar, uno gravel. I take the latter one. It is the shortest too ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ•บ. Wouldn't that be a lovely story if it ended there. 
Well it doesn't! The first 4kms or so are legit. Possibly even fun. Then headwind. I don't mean a little blow in your face, I mean ๐ŸŒช. This is next level. Suddenly the mind goes numb. What to do? This fun ride has turned into a Saw movie. No matter what I do or whichever way I seem to be going the wind is attacking me. The ๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿฆฟ are burning now. The bum, well after 5 hours it was ouch. Now I am not even sure if I am sitting or standing. The usual questioning starts. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿคฆ‍♂️ I decide I will just not answer. See if the issue goes away. 
I don't really know what to do here. It just seems to be ๐Ÿ”จing me from all angles ➡️ now. The good thing is is that I just kept going. Compartmentalizing each issue. In a ๐Ÿ“ฆ. It was working ๐Ÿ†—️. I just kept on doing this until I find myself here. About 20kms out of Calvinia. I have eaten and I feel much better now. With a bit of luck an early start tomorrow and a ☕ in town by ๐Ÿ•ฃ. Rest up for the rest of the day and get ready for Monday. 
I am excited. Into Tankwa. One of my most favourite places ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ™†‍♂️๐Ÿ™‹‍♂️. Great success. Tonight's sleep is under a bridge again. Peaceful. Quiet. I am happy. Sore, but happy ๐Ÿคฃ. My bottom is eina. Legs have recovered quite quickly. Will have to sleep on my tummy so my ass can aerate a bit. Not much work tomorrow so happy times.
Hope you all well? Happy. Healthy. Fit. Covid ๐Ÿ†“️ and wearing your ๐Ÿ˜ท. Remember... no mask no entry ๐Ÿ˜‰.
Until next time. Look after yourselves. And each other. 
G.


No comments:

Post a Comment