Saturday 21 November 2020

Middle Of Nowhere

As already mentioned, this morning I was back at vodacrap with a nonworking 📵. The idiot looks surprised. I leave the sim card 💳 oops wrong card, with the desk driver. I say to him I would just like it to work. That is all. No special tricks just work. Informing him I will be back at 🕘. I go for a ☕ down the road and see a mtn shop. 5 minutes later I have a working 📞 and new number. Happy days. After ☕ ➕ 🛍 are done I go to pick up my sim card. I inform him I have a new number and it took his competitors 5 minutes. He starts giving me some crap about what the issue is. By now the door has closed behind me. 
On my return to the campsite I see the gardener has the sprinklers 💦💦 on next to my ⛺. I absolutely wish I could say this was a joke but it is not. Luckily nothing inside the ⛺ is wet, but the outside is soaked. I go up and ask him what the deal is. He just looks at me. FFS!!! Could this day get any worse. 🤔🤭
Packed and ready to go it is now near noon. I have quite a distance to cover. The weather is 🌡 varuuuum. High 3️⃣0️⃣'s. Luckily a respectable tailwind. I decide to go. 🛴 wiki wiki. My decision is to, don't worry be happy. I say don't worry now. Beeeee happy. That's just a little song I wrote 📃 so don't worry now. Here comes my scenery speal so turn away if you have heard it before. It is stunning. Mountains to the ⬅️ of me, mountains to the ➡️ here I am. It is the R355 and wow it is beautiful. The riding is good too. 
About 60kms in and I stop at a farm to ask for 💧🚰. The owner fills up my bottles and we chat briefly. He hasn't had any 🌨🌧 in 6 years. 😳😲😱. His 🐑🐏 are at a friends farm 100kms away. So he doesn't have much to do. Quite something. Back on the Joe road. More beauty. Baron but still very beautiful. Next up... Vaalputs. Well no stopping there. That's for sure. Less toxic nuclear waste goes there ☢☣🛢. Quite strange but my speed seems to have increased around that area 🦧🐵🐒. Don't worry. I still have 10 fingers and 3 balls 👌.
Next up Platbakkies. A super little farm. The owners invite me in for ☕. It is a grand gesture. I don't hesitate to accept. We chat for some time. I buy a coke and some homemade cookies. Coffee was on the 🏠 and both bottles filled with 🧊🥶💧🚰. Saved again. We chat for longer than really allows me but I am enjoying myself. They are absolutely spectacular people. I vow to return one day and spend a few 🌚 at their B&B. We say our goodbyes and once again I am on the road. 
Here I am. About 20kms from their place. A bush sleep. I am happy. I am where I need to be. 140kms done today. Grateful. It is very peaceful. Today has taught me to be more kind. More open. 
Anyway enough 💩 from me. I am tired. In bed 🛏. Tomorrow is another full day of riding 🚲. I hope it is as rewarding as today has been.
Sleep tight.
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment