Wednesday 11 November 2020

💎💎 Town

With the sun going down I take to this piece of technology to put my days happenings down. So one day I can tell my children 😳🤣 what I did in my youth. Tsek!!
It was a good sleep. A bed sleep. Not your most expensive mattress but it beat the inflatable I carry with me (sorry suzie). I was in a suite. Sorry I mean a sweet little room. TV. Cooking stuff. And bed. Luckily I didn't bring my cat as I would not have been able to swing it around in the room. Breakfast was good. 🥚🥚🥚 boiled. Toast to accompany it. No plate mind you. I wish I took videos of me eating. You lot would be gone in a  flash. 
A beep on the phone. I check. The boss lady says I can go to the main house for coffee and breakfast 😳✋ high five. I get ready in a flash and scoot up there. Proper ☕. Delicious. Eggs, bacon the works. At no extra charge. Shit, quick, check the lotto numbers. Great success. I shift the eggs and toast further down the process line in order to accommodate this feast. We have some small talk about her previous guests. The conclusion: the French are manner less pigs. I insist she puts a sign on the door they are not welcome. We both have a chuckle. 
Then, ride begins. Out of Garies. Up the pass. Not too steep. Not too long. In fact a nice warm up. Said no one ever!! There are 2 variations of todays route. I take the slightly longer one which will have me riding the N7 more than I wanted. The upside, more tar, less gravel. I must be turning into a pansy! It goes well. I wave. The cars wave or hoot back. It breaks up the time. 
I turn off the highway. It's a quiet road. Pleasantly. The going is good. Up and down. Very little flat. I don't mind this too much. Past some little village. It really is just a few houses. Full speed Dave! Then. I knew it was coming. The Joe! I was warned it wasn't it great condition. Correct. Quite rutted the first part. But as I sit here now, it actually wasn't too bad. 
I was making good progress up until now. I wanted to keep that going. The wind was a sort of side/ tailwind. Depending which way the road was facing. I was pleased. All was in order. A few vehicles, but that's about it. Lekka waves and the odd scream. I enjoy that. Not keeping an 👁 on the distance I find myself at the top of a rise. Still working out what to make of it. It is undoubtedly spectacular. Good or bad so be it. But spectacular none the less. 
The view of HondeKlipBaai. The ocean about 8 or so kms away. Between me and there... huge mounds of earth. Mine dump earth. Not Greg's. I mean where they have excavated for 💎. Almost no patch of earth has been spared. It is a sight. Looks like they are all done and dusted. I saw a sign that said "rehabilitation" of what? They have done what only a mining company could do. F'd that place right up. 
I arrive in the town to my spot. It's windy. Very windy. The same wind that was me golden gate 20 minutes ago is now the enemy. I tell the boss my tent will be going up in the boma area. She has a few words to say. I take no interest in her mumblings and proceed to the area. Tent up. Shower done. Clothes washed. 
Time to go 💎💎 prospecting. Nothing yet folks but watch this space. Apparently there is a better chance at tomorrow's venue. Between there and here lies 80kms, where my 👀 will be working triple time. I hear the 5️⃣  0️⃣ are pretty sharp around here so if I see one I will just pretend to crash and pick it up while I lay there. If you all pray really hard tonight we might share the spoils. 
That's it for now. Fingers crossed. Chatted to 2 locals about the reality of finding a 💎. Pretty good it seems. It's that old saying "right time, right place" well I am here so let's see if the timing can arrive. It would feel pretty grand if I found one. 
Love and peace my friends. I miss you dearly. Smile. Smile at someone. Make their day. Be good. Be good at it. But most of all, pray like shit tonight that I find a diamond. MUCHO GRACIOUS. 
Peace out. 
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment