Tuesday 3 November 2020

Day 🥉

Sleep was okay. Not great actually. The bloody 🐝🐝 are back inside my head. I was hoping to have a break from them for a few days. Not to be today unfortunately. It was still a relatively generous day. After I had got myself ready for the days proceedings I stopped by the wifi 📶☢ to check on the weather. Well whether or not I agreed with it was of little interest. I had my destination planned and little would disrupt that. The first 30 or so odd kilometers was just a formality. Down the dirt road. A little bit of asphalt. More dirt road. A bit of tar. More dirt road.
Eventually coming out by the windmills 🎡 near Gouda. A couple were turning slowly. Not sure if their union was involved or if they were broken. There was piss all wind as far as I could tell. It was a left here. I have been down this road a few times so I know what is coming. First Saron. Then the prison 🏢🚔. Not too far to Porterville now. I arrive. No welcoming committee. Well last time I visit your little 💩 hole. I go into...... guess. No guess. No guess now. Just try. Okay okay I go to 🥁🥁 Spar (good for you). Bet you none of you got it!? 
Get the requirements to keep me alive for a few days. Back on the bike. All packed. Through the town and turn at the Picketburg road. Only 25kms to the little town. This proved much harder and longer than I wished for. At 🥁🥁 Spar (good for you) I did not get any 🚱🧊💧 water. To this minute I still cannot work out why! Anyways. I make it to Picketburg. Stop in at the... Spur for a burger, chips and H2O. 🍔🍟💧. It goes down well. As is per usual, my nutrition (food) has not been what I would have liked. We are only 3 days in so lots of time to eat more rubbish. 
A few patrons inquire about my movements and I inform them. They seem astounded a human would do something like this. It is simple math I tell them. No job ❎ by lots of 🕰 = 🚲 they still seemed confused so I left.
This is where my day changed. Up until now I was okay. Kept things going and just pushed on. In front of me now and in between my sleep for the night was a hill. More like a mountain. More like Everest 🌋. I started off slowly. The heat was making itself known. I was sweating like a mad man. Trying to keep fluids up I was drinking more than I should have. I was not happy. Last time I rode this hill it was raining. This time... 35+ degree heat. Why does this hill hate me 🥴🥵🥵🤬. Not much I could do. I stop every now and again in the shade. It helps slightly. I keep going. Eventually after an hour longer than I hoped for I reached my destination. 
It was a tough day. I need to carry more water. I say this almost every day now. It is hot out there and I don't seem to be learning. Maybe tomorrow. Unbloodylikely. 
Well I am here. Alive. So tomorrow is another day. Let's see what we can do. 
Tonight's accommodation is a place I have visited a few times. At the top of Picketburg. Bo-picketburg. It is a lekka spot. 
Tomorrow I slowly head towards the coast. Then up. As long as I can keep my emotions in check this trip will continue. Besides I have all of you with me. 
Sleep tight friends. We shall see each other soon. 
Love G.

No comments:

Post a Comment