Sunday 22 November 2020

Big Red ๐Ÿ“ฎ

The bridge sleep was outstanding. Well it wasn't really under the bridge as next to it. I had taken the bold move not to put the roof on. By ๐Ÿ•ฃpm the stars were out and showing off incredibly ๐ŸŒŸ⭐๐ŸŒ . It was beautiful. By the time I woke this morning it had completely ☁️☁️ over. The ๐ŸŽฑ or so weather apps that I had checked at lunch said no rain. I was not worried about getting wet at all ๐Ÿคฅ. One thing. Rain: not great but okay. Tailwind: perfectly acceptable. Headwind: rather shower ๐Ÿšฟ in a lava storm ๐ŸŒ‹. Heat: acceptable. Cold: not ideal but better than ๐ŸŒง. What did I miss out?
So it was packed and ready to go pretty Jack. 25kms to town. Not much to it. Little up. Little down. Repeat about 5 times and then home straight. Dispatched in an hour or so. As I am riding to the camping site I see the ๐Ÿข that's hotel ๐Ÿ™ƒ. I stop in. Greetings my good lady. How much is a room for the night. R500. Um anything cheaper? R250. Sure. Can I see the room? Same room she says ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ you are having a ๐Ÿฆ’ I say. She looks confused. I say I will take it. Come back at ๐Ÿ”Ÿ⏺3️⃣0️⃣. I ask if she is taking the paint off the walls. Again a ๐Ÿ˜ถ look. See you then I say. 
Being a return visit to this place (after I absolutely vowed to never come ๐Ÿ”™ here) I wanted to pop down to the coffee shop I enjoyed a brew at previously. Off I go. Luckily they are open and I pass the time there until my room is ready.
Back at the hotel the kind lady shows me to my room. A ๐Ÿ›. Pillows ๐Ÿคฉ. A shower. Aweh mey bru. Tonight is night number 22 on the road. I am pleased with life. Sunday 22. Night 22. Time for a vino de rouge. Cleaned and clothes washed, boom. You know where. Or do you? ๐Ÿคท‍♂️. SPAR, lunch bar. (good for you). I get to the wine sales ๐Ÿ•บ. No wine sales on Sunday ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ excuse me! We are level ⭕ covid. What is this crime here. I ask where I can buy a rouge. Apparently nowhere. Jussssssssses. Tsek this town. I am never coming back here again! 
Anyway I pay for my ๐Ÿ›’ of goods and leave. Nada I can do. Back at the room I am pleasantly satisfied at my find. It is a ๐Ÿ†’️er day so happy times. Tomorrow has the promise of warming up and being better "Greg" style. While I can wait for it I am excited to be going into the Tankwa again. Possibly a new route tomorrow. I never really know until I get to the sign post informing me of how far it is until I can get some more ๐Ÿšฐ. The bush sleeps are fun. Very very peaceful. But missing 2 showers was not. While I ๐Ÿงผ every day with a cloth, a shower is quite grand. 
So maybe ๐Ÿ“ด for a few days. No signal where I am going. Just roads. Roads to ride your ๐Ÿšฒ. 

I realized last night how good this trip has been so far. The enjoyment. How fortunate I am. Even after yesterday's ๐Ÿšพ headwind I was still happy at the end of the day. Nothing happens without our permission. Without our guidance. Only we allow our actions. 
Thank you for being part of this. Being part of my life. I am truly grateful. I look forward to drinks with you on my return. To hear your stories and happenings. 
Happy Sunday. Be safe. 
G.

1 comment: