Wednesday 4 November 2020

Lost

I sit here tonight very lost in thought. I am looking out over an area of which the name I do not know. It ever so slightly reminds me of when I used to go to Kariba. There is no water mind you. Just unbuilt vast land. The odd crop here and there but it is hardly seen as part of the picture. Today I can truly and fully say I am a very lucky person to be here on my journey. I have been led here today and I am grateful to the ends of this earth right now. Thank you to all of you who have helped me in one way or another. I wish you could all be sitting with me here now. That would make this day the best day I have ever lived.
Today started well. Up. Shower. Eat. Eat some more. Ooooo look food. Eat a bit more. Pack. Make sure the campsite is in better shape than when I got there. Up to the boss lady's place.
We chat. About a good 45 minutes worth. She is kind and friendly. Has done a bit of touring herself so lots of interesting banter.
While we have been talking an incredible, heavy fog has moved over the plateau. It is quite spectacular. I get going. The cold air is nice to breathe. It freshens me up and my body. Visibility is not great so the ears 👂đŸĻģ are put on high alert for vehicles. The mist clears about half way down the hill. Yes the very hill I nearly died on the day before. Nearing the bottom I see a bakkie stopped. Two Afrikaans blokes waving me down with a bush. There, crossing the road is a puff adder. Probably just over a meter long. I nearly 💩💩 myself. I am 1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣% absolutely petrified of 🐍🐍. The one fella has a stick and is trying to push it off the road. I ask him if he thinks that is a good idea. I shit you not this is the reply from his mate "he has 2 rattlesnakes at home". Oh well!‼❕❗ once it is safely off the road we bid our farewells. 
In to town. A few items at the Spar (good for you). Then a quick burger and chips. 🍔🍟. On the bike. Back up the road. This little exercise cost me 11kms or so. I needed food so no complaints. On the road to.... anywhere really. I had my sights on a place called Goudkop Bush Camp. All in it was about a 70km ride. The road was way busier than I thought. Big trucks. Quite a few of them. Many taxis too. Stumped on where they were going. 
The ride is a good one. The legs are in great working order today. The heat is manageable but must have hit the mid 30's I would say. The wind... well yeah the wind. It made itself known for most of the day. Not too bad but incase you don't know Mr wind maker a tailwind surpasses a headwind. Please sort your shit out for tomorrow. 
Speaking of tomorrow. Let's see this weather story. It changes hourly. Luckily I am in a good spot. If needs be I guess I will be here 2 nights. But let's hope not.
Check this place out if you get a chance. It is super stunning. Good rates too. Friendly staff. Just overall a great venue. 
I need to go and rest now. Sleep well. Live honorably. Smile. Be awesome. 
Love G.

1 comment:

  1. Two rattlesnakes at home. Aweh!! Ha ha 🐍🐍

    ReplyDelete