Wednesday 25 November 2020

Y & Today

Yesterday was a lazy day. I rode around the 🆎️ site again. Just taking it all in really. The wind was quite strong and not too pleasant. On top of that I had quite a headache for some reason. Not entirely sure. I have been drinking good amounts of 🚰 so who knows. They have almost removed everything for 🅰️ðŸ…ą️. Loads of stuff. To the new venue I guess. Looking forward to attending it.

Today was up and shower. Then I meet the guys doing the work. Not in the ðŸšŋ,  when I was packing. The one fella with dreads had the biggest joint going I have ever seen or smelt. This was 7️⃣am mind you. I can only imagine how he operates. Like a backwards ðŸĩ. I was actually impressed he was even standing up. We chat briefly. I commend them on their fast work. They smile and bugger off. Their current task is to move all the ðŸ’ĐðŸ’Đ to a farm close by for fertilizer. No shit I say. Obviously they have heard it before ðŸĪ”😅. Packed and ready I vacate my rental apartment. Well piece of land. My plan... yes well none really. Ride and then sleep I guess. Not much 🌎 today. Suited me! On to the ðŸ›Ģ. It is actually joe!! The going is good. Really enjoyable. Check the halfway padstal and it is closed. No sign just a locked gate. Keep going Day've. No traffic which is 🍎. Up, down and around. It is enjoyable to the touch. Then up, Tankwa Padstal. Been looking forward to this. I didn't eat breakfast for 2 reasons. Uno: I was gonna eat here. 2️⃣: I had no food left... again. I was excited. ðŸ˜ģðŸ˜ēðŸ˜ŊðŸ˜Ū☹🙁😟 tsek. I mean TSEK. Place is closed. Closed every Wednesday apparently. ðŸĪ”😅. Flippin ðŸĨĐ. What you going to do now. Well the next shop is 50kms away. This is not the problem. That road has 700 meters of incline in the first 10k's. I was hungry. The vultures ðŸĶĐðŸĶ… must have known I was too. They appeared from nowhere and started circling me. I didn't have the energy to worry about death. I got moving. The major part of the hill was in the first 5kms or so. From the 👁⚽️ it didn't look too bad. Well the bloody eyeball was wrong. It hurt. The legs were tired. Everything was tired and hungry. 
Somehow I kept going. It was a slog. 2 large offroad campers drive past. They don't stop to enquire about my health they just 👋 creating a dust cloud. My Afrikaans kicked in but they couldn't hear me. I reach the plateau and it is magnificent. Beautiful part of the world. Even pools of water around. This is good. I pass the Kagga Kamma turn off. My head is down and I just keep going. The struggle has become real. There is no time for crying now. Down the Katbakkies pass. Yusses bru!❗Can like to be very steep that one. 
Not much left to do here. I keep going. Eventually. The tar T junction. Left turn. ⬅️. I just need to do about 13 kilometers here and I will be golden. It's tough work. I have to ⛏ deep here to find energy. I think the luckiest part of my day hit right here. A headwind. Yip. 🌎ðŸĶē. I start laughing. The laughter turns to grimace as I work as hard as I can. A 30 minute easy spin turns into a 50 minute leg breaker. 
Then like a dream, glowing in the sun the sign I have been looking for for hours! You know it. I know it. SPAR (good for you). My body picked up. The speed picked up. I was rolling. See me rolling now. I get to the door ðŸ˜ģðŸĪ”ðŸĪŽðŸĪŽðŸĪŽðŸĪŽðŸ˜Ŧ😭ðŸĨš Closed For Stocktakig. ðŸĪĢðŸĪĢ just kidding. I go in and get a few supplies. I feel much better now having eaten and a cool drink. Life is grand again. 
🎊 pitched and chilling I am happy. Super good day. Taught me to keep going if you run out of food. 
I hope you are all well. Keep happy. Give a big hug to someone. Sleep well and chat soon.
G.

1 comment:

  1. Could only be Spar, they should be sponsoring this trip ðŸĪ”😂😉👍

    ReplyDelete