Monday 16 November 2020

15-11-2020

The day blossomed perfectly. It was an early night and fairly okay sleep. So when the sun came through the trees at 6️⃣⏺3️⃣0️⃣ or thereabouts I was ready to get the day into gear. Lovely hot 🚿. Clean and sparkling! Packed 🧳 and ready to go, I said goodbye to the 2 couple's I had befriended. Up the road and into town. My phone was not working again so I needed wifi to connect and do a few things. Wimpy has this facility for free. 
Admin done the attack started. Actually it was downhill so a 5 minute spin to warm up was good. After this, it seems the order to the weatherman had been followed to the 🍵. Respectable tailwind. Rolling hills. The speed was fantastic. I was in for a blinder... or was 👁❓. ⌛ would tell. From the map it was about 116.45kms. The hills kept rolling and the speed kept constant. At this stage I was pleased. Then, as predicted a town. Well some buildings on either side of me with a name. Steinkopf. Was this where all the money was looted to? 🔍🔎 just by the naked eye you could see this place was not worth much. Still I pulled over and bought a coke. At the price of this liquid you would have thought I was buying the powdery stuff. It was jaw dropping ridiculous. 
Returning to the road it was back to business as usual. About 5kms or so down the road and there was the first victim. A huge truck. Engine open. Oil 🛢 all over the road. On the outside this thing looked pretty new. But you could hear the nigerian music and you knew this thing was ⚰⚱. We will see if it is still there on my return. It kept coming. Beautiful rolling road. The heat had crept up. It must have been high 30s. Not too far down the road and there was the second 🥈 victim. Another big truck 🚛. Looked like the same issue. Cab open and if you listened carefully you could hear the nigerian music getting louder. 
I had no time to spare so it was full gas 🛣 down the road. Round a corner and there it was. Breathtaking. I love this sort of terrain. I was now navigating through a canyon of sorts. The end of the days journey was soon to be. I took the scenery in with deep breaths and was grateful to have had such a warming 🌡 day. I had thoroughly enjoyed it. Last order of the day was to get myself booked in for the night. An easy task. The venue was delightful and a few, 🍺🍺🍺 okay 3 beers were consumed before I turned in for the night. It was a good ride. I was where I needed to be. Happy. Grateful. Slightly emotional. Probably bloody drunk too 🤪🤫🤔. 
All in, a solid 7 out 10. Blessed. 
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment