Monday 30 November 2020

30 🌝 & 29 🌚

Last nights bush sleep was ðŸš― to say the least! I was not on even ground so I kept trying to adjust myself to get comfortable. Lesson learnt. Take a 🚜 with to even the sleeping field. 
It was an early up. I wanted to be in the bustling metropolis of Ceres by 🕗 to get my bike checked over. Packed and ready to go by 6am. Yusses bru ⚠️. Kabang on the tar. Little traffic. 🊔 like it was flippin popular. 18 or so kilometers until the descent of Gydo Pass. It is dealt with according to section 45 of Greg's highway code. Down the pass. Seems weird today. I just don't feel the breeze in my hair 💇‍♂️ on a usual downhill of this caliber. I brush it aside and carry on. Just past the town of Prince Alfred Hamlet I see a bike lane on the ⬅️. Traffic has become more so I adjust course to the bike lane. It is littered with broken glass so I decide to take my chances 🔙 on the road. Too late. My tyre is making the familiar noise of a wounded soldier ðŸĪš. Stop  ðŸ”Ļ⌚. I open my 🎒 and get my tool kit. Plug in ðŸ˜ģðŸ˜ģ I get moving. No more incidentals until I reach town 🙏. 7.30am bike shop closed. I go next door and indulge in an extra large ☕. Deeeeeeeelicious. As I take my last sip I see a 🚐 arrive. Bike Shop written on the side. ðŸ’ĨðŸ’Ŧ🕚 I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, whatchooo gonna do, I'm so excited. 
I enter through the front 🚊. The mechanic knows me ðŸĪ·‍♂️ðŸĪĶ‍♂️. What 🆙️ he asks. Crank needs a gander at and the tyres need a sealant each please. He jumps right to it. I chat with the boss lady. Any lekka camping round here? I ask. Wait a ⏲ she says. She hands me the 📞. It's her husband (lunch bar). Go down the road to Matroosberg he commands. Best spot I say? He says just go. ✋ high five I reply. Business done I leave a few rand poorer ðŸ’ļðŸ’ļ.
I get moving. Through the rest of the town. It's grown. Too many people and not enough infrastructure. Usual 📖. It's not far down the road before I indicate to turn right 👉. I see a small incline up ahead. I wasn't informed about this during the ☎️ðŸ—Ģ. Less bothered I turn up the pace. It starts off gradually. Then a bit steeper. I look further up the road. There is quite a bit more of this ðŸĪŽ. Not being one to complain ðŸĪĨ😎 I go full ⛽. ðŸĨĩðŸĨĩ it's taking its toll. The bags are loaded with food and the weight is at its maximum. Don't cry for me ðŸ‡Ķ🇷. It starts to flatten out. Beautiful. Stunning. Just about worth it. About a kilometer or so on a group of Kudu. My goodness. Such incredible animals. Can't wait for them to be turned into biltong. Yum yum. 
Not far after this I see a sign ðŸšļ. Pesky school children. Luckily it is early so none in sight. Winning! Then the sign I have been looking for 👓. Matroosberg ➡️. I indicate accordingly. No oncoming traffic so I take the corner. Back onto joe road. Luckily not far and I am at reception. 
"Hello my good lady. One for 1️⃣ 🌚 ⛺ please." She looks at me and smiles. That will be 7️⃣ðŸ…ū️ rand please. Kak and betal I tjoon her. Very reasonable. I may have to stay two if I sleep good tonight. She laughs. I laugh. We laugh. The 🐕 laughs. 
I head up here to where I am. It's a good spot. Comfortable. Most importantly flat ground. I am at the bottom of the matroosberg mountains. Tomorrow shall 👀 me try and ride up them. The lady didn't seem to think I have the ðŸĶĩðŸĶŋ for it. She says the 🚙 4X4's struggle so good luck to me. I tell her luck is for the lotto. Power is what is needed here. She laughed. I laughed. We laughed. The 🐕 laughed. Confusing myself here ðŸĨīðŸĪŊ😖. 
Anyway. The place is great. 
I shall report back tomorrow on who had the last laugh. I also kicked the 🐕 on my way out. She didn't see. 
Sleep tight people. Keep warm. It is freezing up here.
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment