Friday 6 November 2020

Windy 🌎🌎

Yesterday was a break from all the riding. I was waiting for the heavens to open and unleash a flood of drinking water from the skies. Lucky I didn't hold my breath. I would be 🍞 by now. There has been very little in the way of moisture from above. When I say very little I mean ⭕  0️⃣. So yesterday I just decided to stay where I was and have a day off. In all fairness I should have stayed there today too. But there is the little issue of food. I HAD RUN OUT. So as you can see I needed to get going.
Today was an absolute slog. The wind is here. When I say here I mean HERE. What I actually mean is that if  you peed into the wind today you would be covered in that pee. So a word of advice... ðŸĨ don't pee into the wind today. #you'rewelcome. Advice like this people is how the world is built. Use it wisely. 
So back to the ride. I was up at 6. Early nights mean early mornings. I like that. Also trying to drink a lot less. It feels good. A beer on Sunday was my last tipple. Anyways. I got half ready. Packed a bit. Showered and dressed. Then to the boma for wifi. Checking all the weather apps for information. Meanwhile I had all I needed. Look out the window Rodney and there is your answer. My decision is to wait until 9 and then make the call. I decide to leave. Hungry and getting bored I need to make a move. I finish packing and depart.
All is well. For the first 2kms. Downhill to the main road. Out the gate and onto the tar. Here is where the fairy tale ends and the pain arrives. I need to go fast. No rain yet but it looks imminent. For some reason or another I pray a lot for a guy who is not religious. ðŸĪŠðŸ™ðŸĪž. It was to all the gods today. 1️⃣ wind god. Please no wind. He clearly was off today! 2️⃣ rain god. Please no rain until I am at my destination. He seems to be in a giving mood. 3️⃣ temperature god. Please keep it warm until my tent is up. He seems to be on the fence today too. It is rather cold out here ðŸĨķ. 4️⃣ traffic god. Keep it light today speedy. Well he was in the office and seemingly working. 5️⃣ energy god. Don't run out until you find food. This was my best result today. The power was good.
So after all this crap was done time to put down the ðŸ”Ļ. Man alive the wind was horrid. Even the downhills were hard work. Absolutely no rest whatsoever. If you tapped off for a single stroke you would start dropping off the pace immediately and it was difficult to find it again. 
There was a maybe stop at Redelinghuys for a snack and drink. As the entrance to the town approached the decision was unanimously approved to just keep going. 
It really was a solid ride today. The numbers may not say a lot but the ðŸĶĩðŸĶĩ are very happy it is over. 43.28kms 2.17hours. For a road section that is slow. With the wind I was facing I am extremely happy with it. So whatever. Pooof, just like that I am here at my spot for the night. Vensterklip. It's an okay spot. I was here about 2 months ago. Same crap hole. ðŸ’ĐðŸ•ģ. At least there is food here. You will never guess what I am going to have for dinner. Never. NEVER. Not in a million years. Not even 2️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ years. Never. So I will tell you. I have already decided on the burger and chips 🍔🍟. See you never even eva would have got that. 
Okay a ðŸšŋ🛁 needs to be taken. Clean then food. So happy Friday. Please be safe. Have fun. Enjoy life. A happy person is a fun person. 
Chat soon. G.

No comments:

Post a Comment