Sunday 8 November 2020

Getting There

Last nights sleep was decent. I was lucky to have scored that place. I still don't really have a plan. Just ðŸšē day by day. I would love to get to Namibia and see the fish river canyon. I was supposed to see it a few years ago but my poor attitude and stubborn behavior got in the way. Now on a ðŸšē I hope to make it there and see the place. It is still a ways to go so ðŸĪž.
I was up early. The shower was fantastic. I felt sparkling clean. Packed and ready to go by 7. I know right❗ðŸĪŠ. What was stopping me was the weather. After waiting for the rain all this time it decided to arrive at 8am till 9am. Not to worry. I was in no rush.
Once I was off it was good. A quiet road. Not much traffic. Pleasant. This must and can only be the ðŸĒ breeding place. I saw 4 in the first hour alone.They seem pretty cool and don't really give me any hassle. I like that. It was a left at the 10km mark. Here I was going to follow the road that runs parallel to the railway line. 🚉🚄ðŸšē. There is a big sign that says do not ride without a permit. ðŸ˜ģðŸ˜ē. Oh dear. I had no permit or bail money. 🚔🚓 so here I am in jail. 
Just kidding. This road was actually quite busy. It knocks off about 20kms to Doringbaai. So as you can imagine it gets used quite a tad. 
I had my sights set on a campsite there. The road that takes you there is not so good. Quite rutted and very bouncy. As I have said before I have no suspension. So it makes shit roads shitter. But on tarred roads it's great. I think on my return my dentist will be pleased with this road. Luckily, the bike held together. It keeps impressing me. I wish I was as strong as it.
So it was 25 odd kays of shake, rattle and roll. Goodness me was I pleased to see the end of it. In Doringbaai I text the boss lady of the campsite. 350 she tjoons me. I nearly fell off of my chair. I decline. I didn't want to buy the place. Just camp there. It is not Lundudno lady. I finish my coffee and decide to move on. The next town. Strandfontein. It is hardly a few minutes and I am here. Campsite is good. Quite busy actually. Weather is still ðŸĶŪðŸ’Đ. It seems to be doing its best to clear up hopefully.

Today was a very tough day emotionally. It is day 8. A lot of questions about who, where, why and what. I have been overthinking a lot. Not enjoying what surroundings I have. Not being present. Questioning most of what my life has, is and holds. It is difficult not to. I need to learn to deal with things better. It will come. These short days are not good. They don't tire me out enough. Tomorrow is at least 80kms so hopefully a longer ride. I look forward to it. 
I am kind of not knowing where I am going so it will all fall into place soon. I have faith in the process. 
Otherwise all is well. Not really much news. Well not from me. I need to get more inland where I feel happier. I am not a sea fairing person by any means. And here I sit watching the ocean ðŸĪŠðŸ˜ŽðŸ˜ģðŸĪĢðŸĪĢ. 
Off to put my feet in the water. I hope you are all well and keeping happy.
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment