Monday 2 November 2020

TwoDay

It was a sleep fit for kings ๐Ÿคด๐Ÿ‘‘. Not sure if I was just very tired or if it was the absolute peacefulness that was to be accredited. Either way I awoke refreshed and ready for a good day. Showered, packed and having said my thank yous and goodbyes I was on the road. I knew more or less where I was heading and how to get there. 
Out of the farmstead, left onto the main road then left again on the road to Paarl. The traffic was horrible. Cars giving me just what they needed to in order not to kill me. It was less than fun.
Arriving at Paarl I counted my lucky stars and said a hail Mary. Into checkers ๐Ÿง๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ฑ W T F.... I couldn't find a Spar ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคท‍♂️ (good for you). I got what I needed and scurried out the door. Panniers loaded it was more of death road. Not as bad this time but still unpleasant. This road would lead me to Wellington. Well not quite. Just before the town I took a left onto the road that would bring me to my destination. 
About 8kms down said road I see what is an old cluster of buildings. Few notice boards on the road edge. Something catches my eye ๐Ÿ‘. Adult World it says. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคซ๐Ÿ˜ณ No just kidding. Coffee shop ☕ is the sign I am most interested in. I enter the small village and find the shop for coffee. Not bad. Newish looking. Sweet. I order a coffee and a cheese sandwich ☕๐Ÿฅช. No menu to speak of but she says she can manage that. 
Now have a quick guess what you think that should cost. Two items. No garnishing. No chips. Just a coffee and a plain as can be cheese sandwich. Well guess again my friends. 6️⃣0️⃣ Randellas. SIX OH. I was a little shocked when that happened. I paid and left. Ariva dache thieves with no guns. 
Back on the road. An ever so slight tailwind helping me along. The riding was golden. Speed was acceptable. Traffic was starting to behave itself. This was a better morning. I was starting to liven up again. Great success. The turnoff to my campsite came up quicker than expected. Left turn driver. Tyres squealing the turn is made and the speed picked up again. Boom shaka laka.
Arriving at my destination is not long down the road. The owner boss is having drinks with a few of his mates. It is only 12 o'clock and it looks like they have been at it for a while. I am directed to the campsite. No one here, spectacular. The tent is put up and the washing washed. 
Quick note on this place. No under 18 allowed. That's right ๐Ÿ”ž. No pets ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿฆ“๐Ÿ•๐Ÿฆง๐Ÿฆจ๐Ÿฆ˜ either. My kinda place. The grass is lekka green. No screaming to be heard. No parents screaming at screaming children. In fact no noise. ๐Ÿ”•๐Ÿ”‡ NADA. Now don't get cross or think I don't like the lovely pitter patter of your offspring running around being angels. Or the soft politeness of them asking for "some more". That is all music to my ears ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽผ๐Ÿ‘‚. It is just once a year I enjoy the sound of birds chirping ๐Ÿฆš๐Ÿฆ†and the quiet motionless vast green plains of empty fun. 
So here I am. No kids. No animals. No humans. No f all. It is quite pleasant. 
Well the bugs have just pitched up so actually not that great ๐Ÿฆ—๐ŸฆŸ๐Ÿž๐Ÿœ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฒ๐ŸฆŽ. I mean did they not read the sign... I saw the sign. And it opened up my eyes. I saw the sign. 
So again I leave you for the evening. Have fun. Be safe. I do miss you and your children. Well not today but you get my drift. Okay enough ๐Ÿ’ฉ talk now. Be good. Be safe. Ride your bike. Enjoy what you have. 
Love G.

No comments:

Post a Comment