Sunday 28 June 2020

Ups & Downs

Today I am in De Pakhuys. What a spot this is. I cannot tell you how beautiful this place is. It is sort of at the top of The Cederberg mountain range near Clanwilliam. It is a camping spot but mainly for rock climbers. Well when I say mainly most of the people here are rock climbers. The surrounding landscape holds many hidden gems and huge towering walls to climb. Something I will not be interested in thank you.
Last night was not the greatest sleep. Awake, then out, repeat 20 fold. Sometimes for a good few hours sometimes for a couple of minutes. It was a little disappointing as I had had a fairly decent day and was relatively tired last night. So be it one cannot dwell on the past.
I am fortunate this place is allowing camping. They are an activity spot so they are all in order. Said hello to a few of the climbers and have been for a short walk around the place.

Tomorrow I will explore beyond the confines of the estate. I will try my hand at this rock climbing gig but only what I feel comfortable with. I do not see this as a good time to be testing out my medical aid. At least if I die they can add that to the covid count 🤯🤣
Not a fuck.
I have been to this place before under different conditions. I was really hoping they would be open and voila your dream is my command. Open it is.
There will be pictures tomorrow so keep a look out. There is definitely leopard here. I doubt I will see any but you can almost feel them watching you. Maybe I will get one close up tomorrow. See if it likes the taste of Greg's arm and then snap. Gotcha. Quick plaster and all will be well.
Enough rambling on from me. Bed time soon. I am a little whacked from my lack of zzz's last night.
Be good, be safe and cough on your fellow humans.
19 signing out
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment