Monday 15 June 2020

Night 🥉

Another fantastic day. The temperature gets up to about 20 and it is just amazing out here. I last did this route about 3 years ago with Jacqui and her girls. We were taking a 2 week holiday. It brings back a few memories.
 
I stopped for a beer at the local. Not having heard the usual corona banter for a few days I gave my thoughts to the listening ears while we sipped on our beverage of choice. 
On my departure the few patrons there bid me farewell and I was off. Doing 50 through the Karoo is probably not what many people have done. It is astonishing beautiful. The hills and landscape are uninterrupted as far as the eye can see. You need to take it in and let it consume you. There will not be a minute where you do not feel the power of your surroundings. 
Tonight's abode is behind a tree not far from the road. I sit now listening to my music very quietly while I write this. 
I want to walk to the top of each hill and look around. But all the land here is fenced off. It is a great sadness to me as I could do this tour walking. It would take years but every step would be a lasting memory. 
I sign off now. A little beaten by the sun and day that was to be my real start to this trip. I love you and leave with a few words. 
Be grateful for what you have. Accept you are you. Talk loudly when you are alone and love yourself because you are unique. 
Peace out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment