Friday 19 June 2020

Night 8

So after yesterday's little melt down, the show must go on. Not the greatest sleep last night but it was sleep and that was good.
It was a super start to the day. Not long before I was in Britstown. Pulled in to the local coffee shop. The only coffee shop. Ordered me a few sandwiches and an americano. It was good fuel. I had been needing this desperately. 
I got chatting to the owner lady. She says things are pretty dismal. They only open 3 days a week now and barely sell a single coffee on each day. As luck would have it for her while I was there a large vehicle pulled in and the family got their morning feed and beverages from her. So hopefully today was a better day. She says the hunters have pretty much dried up so she has no business. 
It is amazing how industries fuel each other. I am not a fan of hunting but it drives a big part of the economy. 
To be fair by the looks of it Britstown should have dried up years ago. Not much in the way of anything there. And this is certainly one thing I see a lot of, small towns. I do not know how they generate any money but they seem to be going so good on them.

A much better day today and I feel a lot better. I am grateful to be on this trip and this I know. There will be hard times but they only make the good ones that much better.
I leave you now with a small saying that made me laugh and put shit in perspective... death is your destiny, don't be scared of it. That was said by a South American president and passed to me by Rich Small. I still think it is one of the best.
Until then, sleep tight, be warm and most of all, love with all your heart.
Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment