Sunday 21 June 2020

Phil Collins

I am listening to Phil Collins on the radio. It is some bush channel. They are playing oldies that I love and am really enjoying. Well I have just been told it was Genisis so my bad. 
Today was beautiful. I saw, I thought and I cried. It was how this trip should be. To be honest the sights are not top drawer in the Northern Cape but every now and again you come across a real gem. I saw a man cycling his bicycle. He was a commuter. Going about his business. Again... the middle of nowhere. I waved, he waved it was quite something. He genuinely looked like he was having a good day. It made me smile. 

I am not far from the Orange River now. I have been driving beside it for quite a bit. I haven't seen it yet but I know it is there. It will be seen tomorrow. I am excited to see it. 😃
You know it is there because as soon as you run up beside it there are big farms. Mostly grapes so far. It provides life and livelihoods for more than ten people. I want to go where it starts one day. I want to see how this beast begins life. Further down the river you can raft. I have done this twice. It is a lot of fun and the nights are filled with fun and beers. 😉
I am in bed now (my back seat) writing this to catch myself up for the day. Tomorrow is one day I am looking forward to. 
It would be grand if I could find a decent coffee shop before long. So far the ones I have visited have been a little.... how you say... shitty coffee 🤣 
So again I leave this for the night. For all of you feeling lonely and forgotten, you are not. It is just how this world is currently circling. It is a change. It is not aimed at any individual. It is not how we are. It is just a situation we are navigating. Be strong, be proud to be you and most of all don't forget to take time to love yourself and be okay. It will pass. No one knows this better than me. 
Lots of love and hugs.
Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment