Monday 15 June 2020

Near Oudtshoorn

Today was just a stunning day. More driving than I wanted to but so be it. I am about 20kms from Oudtshoorn. 
It started off well, I cleaned and washed a pair of socks. They are still drying 🀦‍♂️ then off to Ladismith for a coffee and ⛽ it was the usual get going start. 
Following game fences has become quite fun. A game fence is about twice the height of a normal fence. I saw quite a few animals here and there. It was pretty cool.
Then I took a turn to see a dam... or did I! There was no dam down that road. Damn that road! What is down that road is quite spectacular. You drive through what I would call a canyon. Massive rocks on either side. It is absolutely beautiful. I must have done about 20kms down the road before I turned around. Caves and all sorts on either side. It is a road I will ride one day. If you are interested at all it is the R323.
Then back to the main road and on my way here. I got side tracked again and went down a road that passed the red rock mountains. They are breath taking. It was not the road I was meant to take so after taking in the views I returned back to the main road.
I must apologize.. it sounds like a boring journey. For me it is not. It is spectacular sights and a few memories here and there. I am part of this journey and it is teaching me all sorts. It is difficult to describe and put down in words. 
I need a campsite in the next few days as it would be nice to have some conversation. There is little of that at the moment. Not a bad thing just need to have a face to face with a human and ground myself. 
Sleep tight all. Be safe. Be warm. Be you and be happy.
πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡Ό♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment