Wednesday 17 June 2020

Thanks to be given

Getting up and going was slow today. I don't always find the best spot for the night. Last night it was close to the road. Noisy and a bit unsettling. 😕
Once up and moving it was in to Oudtshoorn for coffee. Today is a public holiday so f all was happening. The coffee was okay and soon I was showing them my middle finger as I blasted out of there. 🛵
I was on the Swartberg pass road and cruising nicely. 
Then a corner was taken and lo and behold there it was. Another coffee shop! I had much time so I pulled in and ordered the usual.. flat white hold the sugar. As I was consuming my ☕ I started chatting with another patron. We discussed the pass and the snow we couldn't see that we had driven miles for. After a short nodding of heads and small curse words we left. 
I traveled the route looking for the white powder that makes you all tingly inside. None. None whatsoever. 
At the top I decided to have a short walk as the views were incredible. As my door opened I could feel the wind. It was ice cold and as strong as mother Russia! After approximately 10 steps I was back in the car on my way down the otherside. 
I have never traveled this section before and my goodness was I blown away. I closed the window and then returned to the driving position. 
I need to let you know that this piece of road is mind blowing. I loved every second of it. Stopping frequently to take a stationary movie and just be in awe. I love this road and will return soon to ride it.
I am now near Prince Albert... not the piercing the town. My tent erected and me in it. Met a few locals where I am camping for the night and what a town it sounds like. I want to live here. Well I will see tomorrow but I think I do.
It promises to be below zero tonight so I have positioned the exhaust of my car in to my tent if I need central heating. I have a full tank so should be fine. That is joke 🐒
I cannot wait for my journey tomorrow. Going into town and looking around. Maybe apply for a job. 
Sleep tight all. Be safe, be strong and be you. Love and laughter.
Your mate Dave. 💙

No comments:

Post a Comment