Wednesday 10 June 2020

CT Weather or Not 😋

So this weather for the last 2 days has been pretty insane. I am happy I am back but I know that my trip has only been delayed and not cancelled. As mentioned I will be doing this trip in 2 episodes now.
Episode 1 will be in my car. It starts Friday. It is a go wherever do whatever trip. The reason for this is the campsites are closed and I can carry a duvet in my car and sleep in it if I need to. It is quiet a large vehicle so there should be no issue there (it is a Ford Figo) so 🤥. Nonetheless I am looking forward to it. I have packed and am ready to go. Well I go tomorrow. Short driving days with lots of walks and lots of clean air.
Episode 2 will see me back on my bike. Back to what this was originally meant to be. A long masterful ride to destination unknown and beyond. This will commence when the campsites open and I can feel my own toes when I sleep. 
Ther are lots of ways to describe what happened in those 3 days but when you know you have to sleep in the bush every night with no warm shower, safe place to be and no means to clean yourself or your clothes it becomes a daunting exercise. 
Right now I am in a bed with an electric blanket and a winter duvet. I will have a warm shower soon and then be fed. 
Don't get me wrong I love my rides and being out there is second to none but going in winter with lockdown 3 was not my smartest move. 
Then why... well I needed to do something for my sanity. Sure we are all in this together and we need to stay home but it starts to affect your mental health and it is not good. Believe me counting imaginary stars on your ceiling is not a fun way to spend the night. (Unless you are on an acid or mushroom trip)
So life will go on. I will keep this going. If for nothing else than to one day show my children 🙄😳🤯🤣🤣 that life can be all sorts of journeys including the road less traveled. 
Stay safe everyone and keep warm. Along with these unusual times it seems very cold and wet weather. So look after yourselves and give someone an old jacket or blanket to help them through this time.
Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment