Tuesday 9 June 2020

Cancelled

Tonight I sit here after lots of thought and trying to get my head around this all. I have decided to return tomorrow and end this particular trip. Last night was cold. The campsites are all closed. I have a very heavy bike and lots of wrong gear. 
So tomorrow back to CT and collect my little car for a road trip. Same idea just different mode of transportation. I severely underestimated the weather. The riding I love but with stage 3 lockdown and this cold I cannot see myself going any further. 
I am sad tonight because I wanted this trip. Timing and weather mean it must be put on hold for now. I can't be angry with myself even though I desperately want to blame someone for this. HEY CORONA! 
It is my fault and the 2 days I have ridden have been fun. The rest of it has been rubbish. 
So I will start again in a few days in my car and get going. 
I can carry a duvet and a proper mattress so it eradicates so many issues. I will love it just as much. 
This will only post tomorrow as I am in the sticks with no signal.
I hope for a turnaround tomorrow. A new attitude and a new approach to this trip. It will be just as good just different transport.
Most of you I am sure are nodding your heads in a I told you so sort of way. 
I have learnt. I am not king Kong or anyone with super powers. It has been a grand few days.
Peace out fellow humans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment