Tuesday 23 June 2020

Good Evening

I am not sure how to start this so here goes 🕺
My day goes as such. Get up. Get packed. Get clean. Piss off to the next stop. Voila. Job done.
Today was not quite as such. Get up ✅ then a slight deviation; I went for a walk around the dam again. It was beautiful. No animals to be seen, but sometimes just the serenity and calm can bring joy. It was good, it was peaceful. Then back to camp, pack up and get going. 🚘 (my car is white stupid text) anyway. 
Arrive at the Kalahari Mall. I was here on Sunday so I knew my way around. Get what I need and middle finger while I wheelie on my way out. Sweet!! 
Today's plan had not been made at this stage so it was pretty much go the easiest route till you get stopped 🤯 I know right... mind blown. 
Then I see the alien ship has landed again so I zoom over in the direction of it. Of course there is a 🚫 do not enter sign. So as I am taking a stationary movie from the gate an old Polo pulls up on the other side. I say "howzit boet! Any chance I can get a closer gander?" The driver opens his window made of a glass and says open the gate. I do so! He drives through the gate and says to me he owns the velt and I am welcome to drive through to the next gate and have a look and if anyone says anything he said I was allowed. He then leaves in a cloud of dust and screams "close the gate" behind him. I felt I had been duped into this gate story. But why not... I drove up and saw this incredible story. It is a huge solar power system. The main reflector must be this monstrosity that shines to the panels. 
I am not kidding you. It feels like it goes through your brain when you get close. 
Anyway I quickly shift down the road looking for a place to rest my cooked brain. 
Now, again I just need to quickly say I have no real plan here. It kind of sorts itself out or I sleep in a layby at night. 
I take the turn to Augrabies Falls. About 10 minutes down the road I see a sign saying camping. 🚘↖️↖️ I turn in. 
This needs to go down in the history books of luck. It is a place called Lake Grappa. The owner man drives in shortly after me and we greet. I tell him my story and he says i am welcome to camp there. 100 fistful of madibas for the night. This place is like your oasis on an oasis. It has 5 stars of everything. I thank him and find myself a spot on the immaculate green green grass.
I urge you to please google this spot. It is incredible. I am very grateful to be here tonight and at this cost I count my lucky stars. 

Again I reiterate I am not religious. However the luck and compassion I receive keeps telling me someone is guiding me to where I need to be at every specific moment. It feels overwhelming. I simply cannot describe it.

I leave you with this! Never underestimate. Never take for granted. And most of all be kind. It will come back to you.
I thank you my lucky stars. 
In 7️⃣ days time it will be the 19 year anniversary of my Mothers death. Maybe she has something to do with this 🥰 
Love never fades. It never hurts less. You learn to deal with it in different ways. 
Sleep tight and peace be to all.
Greg. 💙

No comments:

Post a Comment