Sunday 30 August 2020

Wet ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿšฃ‍♂️

The last ⌛ 24 hours have got me thinking if doing this trip in ๐ŸŒง❄☃️ winter was my best idea. Well it has not been my best idea but I am convincing myself it is not the worst one either ๐Ÿ›ถ
Yes I should have brought a canoe instead of a bike. The rain has been quite consistent. A lot of it. I put a rain gauge outside to see how much and well it has washed away. So while I don't know the quantity I can tell both times I got up to P in the night I had to dry myself off before getting back into ๐Ÿ› Luckily I am in the cottage. I fear if I was in my tent ๐Ÿ• then Wilson ๐Ÿˆ and I would be near Madagascar by now. 
At about ๐Ÿ•– 7pm a few cars arrived. I knew this as the boss man moved me into a bigger room on Thursday as a group of friends was arriving and using my old address. No complaints here. It was pouring down when they arrived. I felt sorry for them. Then I put on the kettle and had a cup of coffee ☕. No point in us all being miserable. 
No ride yesterday but I walked up to the road to get signal so I could check my messages. While the walk up there was not bad at all, the return trip was a different story. As I got to the summit a dam wall broke somewhere near me and it did not stop raining until I got back. All I had was my raincoat ๐Ÿงฅ๐Ÿฉณ๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘ก shorts, a tshirt and flip flops. It was the least fun I have had since finding out I am adopted ๐Ÿ˜ถ
Oh well such is life. If I hear one person say "it could have been worse" please let me know how. I went straight to the shower and guess what.. the hot water wasn't working ๐Ÿคฃ so yes it got worse. I had to run in my shorts to the other shower where luckily it was working. I can tell you now that some days a shower can really just wash your blues away. Yesterday was certainly one of them. Dry and a lot warmer I tested the new sleeping bag again. It works spectacularly ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿฅ‡ I was warm and happy in no time. 
So I will be hanging around in my room again today. See if I can find any ants to race or probably just watch the world go by. Something very real and very calming about watching the rain and how it moves to where it goes. It certainly is a force not to be reckoned with. 
The bike has been cleaned about 4 times. All in vain probably. As soon as it gets going in the mud fest that is left behind after this it will probably need a few new parts. Well let's hope not. 
Anyway I leave you now. Be good, be good at it and no I am not adopted. 
Until warmer days. Take care.
G

No comments:

Post a Comment