Thursday 13 August 2020

Out!

I am using my out tonight. What is that? It is an out. Which part don't you get? I am allowed one night per trip to live life large. Get me a proper bed, some indoor heating and a bottle of smuggled wine. Cost... who cares. Put it on the slate. 
Yesterday in the mud was hard. The bike took a πŸ”¨ing. Bikes do not like mud people. Not even mountain bikes. Not even my bike πŸ€ͺ. Last nights sleep was atrocious. Get there. As said, over charged. Then the πŸ¦„ supposed to be a donkey that makes hot water is about as much use as the current president. I know right how shit could it be πŸ₯Ί well if it wasn't there nobody would know. 
So a cold shower is taken. Well it is looked at and quickly jumped in and out of. Like being at a trance party with no πŸ„πŸ„. Might as well be ten pin bowling at the cemetery. You get my drift.
So anyway to try and get warm water for the morning I put more wood in this donkey. I mean there is no space for air anymore. 
Now I should mention here that this is not a good idea. Not anywhere near a good idea. Like this government running this country. You know very soon it's gonna break. So 3 hours into my sleep I am awoken by this noise equivalent to the first goal we scored in the 2010 world cup. I jump to my feet. It is pitch black and so are the blacks. I open the door and go outside. It seems I have blown the mains. There is no water. Hot, cold or indifferent. The taps are dry. The good news is the grass is getting the watering of its life by the broken pipes. Well I see why you charged me an extra 20 madibas now. To fix that shit.
I go back to bed. What am I supposed to do.. I get up at 6.30 pack and make a B line for the hills. Quite literally straight up a hill.
The coffee shop at op die berg sees me next. Breakfast and coffee please waitron. Don't spare the beans. I am needing a little help in my ride today and a good dose of exhaust fumes may make life a tad easier. Down Gydo pass and into Ceres. My second 50kms flies by. I am pleased to say I enjoyed it immensely. Which finds me here. Cozy Corner. If you ever ever everrrrr  need a spot in Ceres hit this place up. It is a gem.
Dinner done, thanks steers and a red vino purchased from the street corner I am happy to be sleeping in a proper bed with an electric blanket πŸ”ŒπŸ”‹
We are currently load shitting so this will post when the πŸ’ behind the switches thinks we have paid our dues. 
I would love to say this country is a 🚽 and I am leaving but I cannot. 
My cherry tart is in Zimbabwe, my soul is here and I love this place. I want my ashes to be scattered over the rock in my earlier photo. Throw me there. Take a crate of good whiskey for those who make the journey and enjoy life. It is the only one we have. I feel grateful that I get to do this trip. What happens after I don't know. I also can't go around worrying about it. Enjoy the moment. Seize the day. 
If one thing in this world. I wish for those who have destroyed countries to live an eternal world of sorrow. They have no idea. 
Sweet dreams 
πŸŽƒ

No comments:

Post a Comment