Friday 7 August 2020

Today

Today has been an absolutely incredible day. It started with a ride to Uitkykpas. Photo supplied. Thanks Greg. You're welcome Greg. 
It was an up and down sort of ride. Nothing hard, nothing technical just a bish bash bosh ride. Get home. Clean make fire have a few beers that sort of gig. You know nothing special just the usual. 
Then I go see these 4 chaps staying in a camp not far from me. They promised me a grand cup of coffee on which they most certainly delivered. 
Here is the story. These 4 guys all know each other through a church they went to. They have come camping together. No longer at the same church but best of mates. I tell you never in my wildest thoughts would I have come up with what they told me. I thought they were here on a bachelor party or something of that sorts.
They are excellent guys. Luckily I kept quiet until I knew what the deal was. I told them I am not of the faith but they were not concerned. 
The one guy who is American by birth told me he lost the way a bit but the 3 other guys had helped him through faith. All of their stories and lives had me almost believing I was listening to something out of a book. Different lives and completely different backgrounds but friends here they were enjoying life to its absolute best. I was shocked and completely fascinated by how they were here. I completely underestimated them and man what a cool bunch of guys. They are living life with no reservations and happy to be part of this current world. I was not sure about going to meet them but they have made me realize that I can sometimes be completely wrong about people and for this I am extremely sorry. 
I try to never judge or expect anything from anyone I ever meet. Tonight has shown me that I need to be a little bit of a better person. 
They are off tomorrow but if I see them I will wish them farewell and happy journeys ahead. 
I am writing tonight not because of any other reason than to say I am grateful I met these guys. I will not become religious because of them but they have taught me again not to judge a book by its cover. 
Their stories remain with me. Almost unbelievable but you could see these guys were best of friends and that was not going to change. 
I thank them for the chats and their time. It was truly inspiring. 
Until then. Be good. 
Peace out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment