Saturday 1 August 2020

Just After

So, just after yesterday's post while I am on my way to have a gander at the Karoo I see a faint outline of what looks like a walker quite far in the distance. I check again. Yip looks like a walker and will see him shortly. 
Well my eyes they are not as good as they used to be. It was not a walker. Not Johnny Walker or any other walker. It was a cyclist. I know right. The middle of fucking nowhere and I bumb into a cyclist. I forget his name (sorry man) but we chat for a good few minutes. He is coming from the direction I am going and he is heading into the Cederberg. The place I am today. It was a good chat and what a nice guy. A teacher. Since schools are closed had a week off and decided to have a cycle. I am grateful for the chat and hope he is where he needs to be safely. 
After our discussion I carry on. Find a perfect spot at the top of the pass. It really was absolutely stunning. I drop my bags and head on down to the Tankwa Padstal. The owners son is behind the counter and we exchange pleasantries. He informs me his parents are having a well deserved day off. I am pleased this business is still in operation. Quite a few have not been so lucky!
I do my purchase. Coke, I mean a coke, barone and a big packet of salt and vinegar chips. They were all almost devoured by the time I had paid. They have free wifi so it was used unsparingly. I even checked my bank balances but it seems they are the same. Empty. 
I get back up the pass in record time. I have no luggage slowing me down and so far the day had been pretty easy riding. Before long I was at my spot with a cold beer and my feet up. Watching the world go by and having a few thoughts about how life is currently playing out. 
Satisfied with my days events I climbed into my sleep easy bed and pulled the duvet up. The only thing left for this day was to switch off the chandelier in the middle of my bedroom. 
Chat soon people. Be good. Be good at it. And look after yourself. 
G

No comments:

Post a Comment