Monday 31 August 2020

Sunday 30th

So yesterday it pretty much rained all day and into the night. It was cold and very very wet. Today has been somewhat of a charming day. I woke quite early but lay in bed in my new ⛔πŸ– sleeping bag. It was cold I could feel the ice on my πŸ‘lashes. The rest of me was warm and happy.
Just after 8️⃣ I rose and made coffee, toast and boiled eggs. ☕🍞πŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯š they were going to be fried but I was not sure how well they had managed the journey back from the shops. So 25 minutes in the pot and surely they would be fine.
I had washed the night before πŸ§ΌπŸ› so all that was needed was clothes. 
Since I had missed speaking to my girlfriend and friends the day before I set off on the trek up the hill. There was water everywhere. A lot of it. Puddles, rivers and small dams even seemed to have appeared. 
I had seen a few traces of this earlier and now being half way up the hill it was clear as day. Snow. Quite a bit of it. I was actually knee deep in the stuff. Not pleasant in slip slops. My goodness what a great sight. Well I wasn't really in it but there was adequate deposits of it on the mountain tops towards the Citrusdal side. This would be why it was so cold. I had lit a fire in a wheelbarrow and was pushing it up the hill for warmth. It worked well.
At the top I hid the fire and its carrier. Time to get in touch with those who need to be contacted and let them know my will is not valid just yet. With the beneficiaries disappointed I sent my girlfriend a few messages too. All in order I needed to retreat back to my new sleeping bag (did I mention it is rated to ⛔5️⃣ degrees?)
As I lay in bed warming up I could hear the other campers packing up their weekend fun and departing. I never chat to any of them as I don't really care about them or their stories. I am just out here having fun dying of hypothermia. It's fun πŸ™ƒ
With them all gone and just myself to the place I have showered and outside sitting in the sun writing my daily happenings. 
Soon I shall start packing as I have been here a week now and quite satisfied I have seen everything. So tomorrow is moving day. I will be up early as I want to get a coffee in Porterville before I make the short journey to Piketberg. It is about an 80 km ride tomorrow so really, not much in it. Hopefully smooth sailing and camp set up by early afternoon. 
Chat then.
G πŸ’™

No comments:

Post a Comment