Friday 28 August 2020

Found

The other day I mentioned I was missing a lucky star 🌟. Well I have been so blessed and fortunate the last week I think it was just a combination of many things. I thank you all who have helped, assisted or whom I have met. Mostly still a huge thank you to the Bothas which is where my good fortune started. 
Today was a different day. That's lucky I guess! There was supposed to be some rain. With the current weather man predictions it could have been at any time and any place. So I had eaten and was ready to rock and roll. I rode up the doomsday hill. Looked at my surroundings and decided I would return to the safety of my abode for a few hours until things cleared. Mistake 1. So I go back down and sit around for 2 hours picking my nose and talking to the guinea fowl. They really are stupid creatures. Anyway attempt 2 is made around 11ish. This time it is into town. Easy peasy. Tailwind all the way. While this sounds great, unless you win the lotto you will have to deal with that headwind on the return. 
A quick catchup with a few mates and my girlfriend of course. It is our one month anniversary. We have a good chat and then down to Spar (good for you). I get enough to keep out of eating grass for about 3 days. The one item I am extremely proud of is the 1.5liter coke zero not caine is that the returnable bottle is cheaper than the non refundable bottle. Who would have thought?!
Anyway back to the lack of beaver. You guessed it. Headwind the whole way back. In case you give a shit a quick sta tistic there..50 minutes, return 2 hours. Sure there is a bit more climbing to do and I have a full bag, but met eish. So I get back a little out of gas. What is the first thing I go for? Well I will tell you. The coke 0. I now know why it was cheaper. There is no bubbles in this bottle. Not even one. It is flat. So... I get on my bike 🀣🀣 are you nuts. That would be a 3 hour ride for a 12 rand bottle of coke. I drink the flat crap and that is mistake 2. Now I feel a bit sick! I like the bubbles they make you, make wind. A nice way to clear the exhaust. 
Anyway so be it. The rest of my food is packed away in the pantry πŸ€ͺ😳🀣 I am in a tent. It is thrown to one corner. 
Actually this is where another of my lucky stars arrives 🌟 When I got here I booked in as told by the sign at the gate. At the desk the lady informs me I can stay in the manor house as they are going away 😳😳 just kidding. She says I can stay in one of the little cabins for the same price. So voila. Here it is. 
I am washed, so are my clothes. I am warm. My clothes are wet. Not all, just the washed ones. My bike is next to me. This is important. Without it I have a very very long walk ahead. So best it stays next to me 2️⃣4️⃣⚫7️⃣ 
This trip would take slightly longer on foot. 
I will probably be hiding out here for the next 48 hours. Well that is if the weather guesser has got 10 per cent of his guesses right for this weekend. It said ⛔2️⃣ for Saturday. That probably just means death. Nice knowing y'all. Throw my ashes or frozen corpse whichever one it is in the Tankwa Karoo. Just out the window is fine if it is too cold to get out. With my bike please. If I ever thaw out I can get going again 🏴‍☠️πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡Ό
Great success. Okay I don't have anymore than that for today. 
I hope you are all well. I miss you all. Some more than others 🀣🀣πŸ€ͺ
Chat soon amazing people 
πŸ’™

No comments:

Post a Comment