Monday 3 August 2020

Social Ride

When I say social I mean a ride by myself. Like what did you think... that there are 20 people here with bikes looking to go for a ride ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ.
The weather was legit. I mean proper innit. Like 20 to 25. So not hot. Wind!! None to be talked of. Conditions perfect. 
So 9am I get going. It is an easy meander for the first 19kms to the T junction where a sharp left is done. No traffic or traffickers to speak of. Again such a beautiful ride next to Clanwilliam dam. I forgot how BIG this dam is. It are like massive geyser! As per the pictures you can see she is full. Full of H 2 O. To the brim. It is peaceful and quite enjoyable. 
Now I been riding next to this thing for 10kms and still going. Make that 15kms. In fact it must have been nearly 20kms before the turn off left comes. I am happy to report that all was in order. 
But was it? Well there is a little fuck up somewhere. You see they are extending the dam wall up. What does that mean. It means more water YAY. Except for one fact. Well as per the one picture the dam is already encroaching on the road. Correct. So if they raise the dam wall exactly how the F are vehicles going to use the road? 
It is in exactly this spot that a sign post is across the road saying "plot for sale" I wonder why ๐Ÿ˜… you gonna need an amphibious vehicle to own this plot. I mean the driveway will not be in existence. It will be.... under water. I hope this guy sells quick ๐Ÿคฃ
So whichever desk driver did this calculation must be patting herself on the back ๐Ÿ˜‰. Anyway not Greg's problem. 
Then the left turn. Now it is not the steepest or the longest climb so I go full gas with no horses spared. Well. It is longer than I thought. Yip quite a bit longer. I get to about 3/4 the way up and a dude with his family in a hired campervan slow down and say if you want hang off the back. I say with tears streaming down my face that I am enjoying this and he may carry on. No sooner than he is out of sight and I have to pull over for water, oxygen, new legs, some epo and an embarrassing talking to myself. 
All done I finish the climb. Not too bad all in all. It is here that I see said campervan on the side of the road. Battery dead. The man has his wife and 3 daughters pushing it to start it. I offer to help but they say not to worry. So I carry on.
Don't be stupid. I throw my bike aside and get him to enough speed to jump start the van. He assures me he is on his way to Clanwilliam to get it sorted. We wave goodbye and the van explodes as he departs. 
Nah. That would be a sad ending. They do a U turn and drive back up the road. We both wave like long lost friends. 
Then home it was to wash and rest. Just under 3 hours. 60km ride. Super fantabulous. Loved it. 
Another day done. I am grateful today for what I have and what allows me to be part of my life. 
Sleep tight all. We are lucky to be here.
๐Ÿ’™

No comments:

Post a Comment