Sunday 23 August 2020

Blessed

Friday... was a night under the trees. In my tent, happy with a short ride and a perfect camping spot. Close to the road and an amazing little stream close by to wash and drink from. It was a very cool night. Well except for the fact that the blow up pillow I have was well blown up. Not holding air I struggled a tad for comfort. 
Saturday morning. Boom early up. Bike ✔ stuff ✔ useless blow up pillow ✔ little did the pillow know it's new home would be the dustbin as soon as I could find one. It already had one patch and clearly felt it needed retirement. So it got its wish. On the bike through Villiersdorp. Uneventful. Hammer down ๐Ÿ”จ and light up the legs for Worcester. It came a lot sooner than I had planned for the day. I needed to eat and a coffee. Something about Worcester. No great coffee shops. Well none I could find. So off to the golden arches for a happy meal and a coke. Man it was good. Ronald McDonald is quality food... said no one ever. It did the job though. Fed and thirst temporarily quenched I took off.
Not really sure of what, where, how or why. Well I knew where. Towards Porterville. But that was far away and probably too much for the day.
Straight off the bat into a head wind. Yay! Stomach gurgling from the 5 star lunch I had just thrown at it. I thought it was going to come straight out the other end. It was clenching time.
So off I go. Destination anyone's guess. Then I come across a Padstal. That is a shop to those looking cconfused. The door is closed but I see a small group of people on the top stoep. A gentleman comes and informs me they are closed but as he sees my bike and gear he invites me upstairs to join them. 
This is where my world will change for the day. He is having a catch up with his friends. Cyclists. It is the first day he has reopened his new Padstal. I am told business was good and they are happy with the day. I then mention I am looking for a place to stay for the night.
I need to tell you now that I will never forget the kindness shown. They have a room on their farm in their house across the road. The bed is made and I will sleep there. It was absolutely 5 star. 
I was provided with dinner and met the whole family. What an absolutely cool family. Close and best of friends. It was such an overwhelming moment. We all chatted and watched a few moments of their cycling trip in Ireland. Absolutely cool.
This morning was a coffee and off. The owners joined me until Wolseley where we enjoyed another drink and breakfast. Many of my farming questions were answered. I am now a little wiser to the goings on on a farmstead. It is more than I ever dreamed of.
Here I am now. Porterville. Small town. Just a night here. Off to Beaverlac tomorrow for a few days. If you don't know it please google it. It is a fantastic spot. 
So a massive thank you to the Botha family, their hospitality was grand. I am grateful for meeting them. 
Off to clean and rest now. Again grateful for this experience and all it is teaching me. Be a better person. Look out for everyone. And most of all just be who you are. Always just be you and life will work out perfectly. 
Me ๐Ÿ’™

No comments:

Post a Comment