Wednesday 5 August 2020

Quick Catchup

I forgot where I left off so this will be just a short run through of the last 24 hours. 
Yesterday was a bit of a write off. Rain here and there, windy and just generally not the kind of day that makes me get up and want to go riding. So it was in and out of the tent, short walks here and there and many many jerseys. You see I am in the deepest part of the valley next to a river. In summer wa wa we wa. In winter when it gets cold not so much. I recorded 0 degrees between somewhere yesterday and when I woke up this morning. How do I know.. well because my weather app told me so. Let's think about 0 degrees. That means there is no temperature. None. God was too busy with something to give Greg even one 1️⃣ degree of temperature. So thanks my man in the sky. Hope you get a bone in your chicken pie and die. 
Well I guess he can't die but what a ๐Ÿฅฉ for giving me no temperature. To add to this small but important error he had terrible wind from something he ate recently. It nearly took the top of my tent off. I am lucky to be here.
So yesterday was binned and today there was hope for much better conditions. Well when I woke up it was cold. Not brrrrr cold. It was bad language cold. Luckily I was kept warm by my latest purchase. A -5 sleeping bag. I strongly recommend this kind of utensil if you go camping in winter. Otherwise you will probably die, like the guy in the sky. But apparently he is coming back. Well all the runways are empty mate so in your own time.
I eventually got up at around 8.30. Did my makeup and got ready. It was a shopping ride. I had run out of food so it was kind of important. All dressed and ready to go by 9. I have winter gloves and an excellent jacket so that part would survive the journey. Unfortunately I don't have shoe covers or winter socks so my toes didn't fair so well. All I remember is that I had 10 and now I have 8. They are not in my shoes or socks so hopefully they will turn up somewhere sometime.
To town it was. Shopping done and dusted. Food for 4 days hopefully. That is 8 KFC burgers and chips. All stacked away and awaiting their turn to be eaten. I think the day 4 ones may be a little dry.
Home to shower, shave and wash clothes. Daily routine stuff.
I lay in bed now. Warm, dry and missing y'all. I am not sure how much longer I will be out here. 
Be good everyone and look after each other. 
๐Ÿ’™

No comments:

Post a Comment