Tuesday 25 August 2020

Some Days

Today has been one of those days. It is Monday after all. You wake up. Think ugggggh tsek Monday. Then you lay in bed and think about the past few days where you have had such a good and fortunate few days you wish to carry that into your day. 
Well my day actually was just bloody grand all over. Got up. Breakfast was eaten. Eggs and a toast. A spoil to start the week. Why not. It is the last week of owgust and to be fair the last few days have been more than generous to me. I count my lucky stars and see I am one short. Hopefully it will arrive during the day. 
After breakfast it is a shower. Clean and sparkling I don the riding clothes. They smell a bit. Well probably not. I am very conscious of my BO so it may just have been me. Packed and ready to FO I bid my farewell to my abode and get moving. It is a short ride today. Not much in it. 25kms or so and about 500 meters of climbing. Sort of beginner stuff. The road is pretty empty which suits me perfectly. 
It takes a while to warm up. Well actually I am here now and still waiting to warm up so that shows it was a really nice day. Down the road. Hook a right. From dirt to tar. It is that steep they needed to tar it. Otherwise wheelies all the way up. About halfway up I see a car that didn't make a corner. Looks like it has been there a while. I shout... you okay? Nothing in return. Oh well. 
The mist is cold and brisk. Not too bothered but as me mate Dave knows I prefer a slightly warmer day. So anyway I get to the top. Just beautiful. The Citrusdal valley. No mist over here. Just views for days. The descent has less tar. It is kind of hit and miss. You fuck it up and you will be testing your medical aid. I saw a red helicopter yesterday so I give it my best shot. Well to be fair to be fair it was quite enjoyable. 
I arrive at Beaverlac. Yes no beaver here. That suits me just fine as my girlfriend is back in CT where I hope to be in the not too distant future. 
Clothes washed, bike checked it is a bottle of wine to keep me company until the morrow. It will be a fun ride around the area and back to town for a coffee. The place is quiet. I don't see any other campers. I like that. Not like when the Kumars arrived at midnight a few weeks back. Just not on. 
Sorry for the slow and uneventful day. I had some time spare so thought I would just post a quick one. Anyway if you got this far you probably as bored as me right now. Just kidding I don't get bored. I find all sorts of things to occupy my time. I bought a toothbrush the other day just to clean my bike. Talk about filling time. It was fun. The crowning moment was when I realized I had bought a hard bristled brush instead of a medium one. Imagine that. Bloody dumbass. Anyway it shines like a second hand bike now. So job done. 
Right off for a meander round the river. Will post a few stationary movies for your enjoyment. 
Remember to take some time out and come here. 🦦 lac yeah I know that's an otter. Same thing. Well sort of. Probably. A little bit.
Until then. Be good. 
🐵

No comments:

Post a Comment