Tuesday 11 August 2020

R & R

Today was a day of R&R after the rain from Sunday. Yes you guessed it. I watched almost the entire lot of vacay tioners pack up and go back to wherever they came from. This included the neighbor who had my glasses for 2 days. I nearly flipped him the bird when he left. Clearly no anger there Greg. 
Let me tell you. Some of these little stick creatures have spent a fair amount of gold on their moveable assets. On Thursday night when I was coffeeing it up with my Christian friends a Land Rover pulled in with what could only be described as a REAL 4X4 massive proper proper caravan. I was joking with them when it arrived that the driver would flip a switch and this thing would become a 4 bedroom all on suite home away from home. And guess what.. it almost did just that. So anyway another tough job for him today was hit that switch again so it could retract into a moveable trailer. I am still flabbergasted at this monstrosity. He has my upmost respect. 
All the others had to dry out tents or bits of tent. It was quite a spectacle. Camping should become a watched sport on tv. It is hours of endless entertainment. 
So here I find myself. Almost alone and very peaceful. The screaming children no more. The single drunk woman who thinks we all give a shit about her mate who we now know is not that pleasant. The over zealous alpha male who cooked everyone dinner to perfection over a bag of coals. It came and left like a storm. As quick as a flash. 
They all looked and waved their goodbyes which was somewhat quiet warming. They all had their little bit of heaven for a few days and return to whatever needs to be done. I thank them all for their time here as it made mine slightly more enjoyable. Amusing at times but also thankful now they have all gone.
I am definitely more of a less is more kinda person. Quality will always outdo quantity. I would rather have 5 invested friends that 500 acquaintances. Because those 5 will be a part of who I am. 
I shall be heading to Grabouw in a day or two's time. There is a special person I shall be meeting there. 
Take care y'all.
Peace out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment