Thursday 13 August 2020

Rain✅Windy✅Happy❎

Today I needed to move. I had been at Jamaka for 10 days and life was wearing thin there. Bored 💩less and tired of the rain. So I got up and decided today would be to Allandale campsite. 
It started okay. I left in the dry but you could see this was not going to last long. No problem... I had my shit together for this kind of gig. Winter gloves 🧤 a sort of Jack 🧥 and a buff for my growing 🦲. So off I go. I have done this ride so nothing too fancy in the way of surprises. Well that was my thought. 
Get to Algeria and swing a right 👉 up the nicely paved road. The rain starts. Not too heavy so I carry on. By the top of the pass there is a mutual decision made to put on the waterproof poncho 🦺. This thing is for real. Ain't no water getting in. But I am already half drenched so who cares. The one issue with this thing is that it does not let air in either. Fine for now and it is cool and quite cold actually. I get going down the other side. 
Suddenly I hear an almighty swoosh and something has happened. I stop and look and see the damage. My mace has fallen off the handle bars and activated. Thing is going nuts. Well not wanting to see the result I check off instantly. My eyes had already started to water and the nose was not doing much better. So long mace in your face. 
I get to the turn for Citrusdal and make the left. All in good order. I reach the town and place my order at the coffee shop. Burger and chips 🍔🍟☕ and a coffee. While waiting for said order I pop to the spar (good for you) and pick up a few supplies. I haven't eaten in 24 hours as my stash of nyum nyums was depleted the day before at lunch. Burger and chips don't see much air time and the coffee is good. I wish them well and check off.
I reponcho as it looks like I am heading into the 7the natural wonder of the world. It is a 8km climb to my destination. Well luckily the heavens stayed their ground. The price for this was I had lost about 50kgs in sweat. You would never have guessed it was bone 🦴 dry where I had come from. Out of water I asked the desk clerk where the fire hydrant was. She kindly pointed me in the direction. 
So here I am. Allandale. Last time I will come here. Website says R80 my charge R100. I told the lady at the desk. She looked at me like I was fucking Luke Skywalker. Maybe R20 for the water 🤷‍♂️ The donkey took ages to heat the water and I am just generally not impressed with the place. Anyway such is life. 
Let's hope the robbers don't come as I have nothing to defend myself with. 
With a bit of luck maybe some hot water in the am. Fingers crossed. Also no signal or wifi here. Need to check in with people and I haven't been able to do that.
I am safe and sound. This will post when signal returns. 
Sleep tight all. 
🤫😴

No comments:

Post a Comment