Saturday 17 March 2018

Where you part 2

I finish my exploration and head to bed. The next day arrives. I am happy i stopped here. It takes less than .0000005 of a second for my happiness to be shattered. I look outside and can't see my bike. Oh F i shout. I didn't lock it up. I mean i am in a campsite in the middle of nowhere. How has this happened. With the cursing done i see my second issue for the day. The wind is now at a speed our ex president could not say. At least 30 to 40 km/h blowing straight at me from where i am going. I start crying. I get out the tent. I see something, now i am only down to just one eye crying. During the gale force winds my bike was blown up against a tree just behind my tent. More foul language leaves my mouth but i am happy i don't have to wait 5 weeks for a lift home.
All checked the bike is sound. Time to pack and depart. There is absolutely nothing not even listeriosis worse than riding into the wind. I have no choice. Eat the polony or stay. I battle. It takes me an hour to get to a little shop called the half way shop. It is 10kms from my camp. I am shattered.
The shop server tells me 50kms to the Tankwa Padstal. I tell him his fortune. He smiles and shows me the direction with a certain finger. The battle done i leave.
I cannot put this nicely. I swore, cried and even tried religion. All to no avail.
That 55kms to be precise mr shop chop keeper takes me 5 hours. I am absolutely finished. 2 burgers and chips please. I eat faster than getting an oscar for a shooting movie. It is like absolute heaven.
I settle my bill and head off. I know where i shall spend the night. The same spot i spent night 3. In the mountain.
It was a gamble. Keep battling this blaze or go over the mountain and hope the wind is calmer.
Either way i would only find out in the morning.
Today arrived. I get moving. The morning gale lets me know that where i have come from the wind is still present. I must have made the right decision. It must just be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment