Friday 9 March 2018

Back

Yesterday was good. Lots of wrong roads but i ended up at a very nice camping spot just past Algeria. Long ride as you can see. Not the country Algeria as that would have taken more than a 5 hour ride. The little landmark just past Cederberg. The actual ride itself was truly breathtaking. I passed through the rough terrain of the Tankwa side to the lush green pan of the Cederberg. Then an absolutely magnificent descent into Algeria itself. It is in its own right one of the most jaw dropping sights so far.
I am very sad to say that there have been very few photos (none) over the last 2 days ride. I messed up the charging system and was therefore left with a phone that had as much use as a brick. Luckily i did not leave it at any of the construction sites i passed as i have now worked out the system and should be back to journal my story for myself and you legends reading it.

Today was an earlyish start 8.00am. I rode to Clanwilliam. I need to tell you that the dam is a former glory of itself. I can compare it to Mike Tyson having to star in a stupid bachelor party movie just to earn a few bucks. It is basically an empty river bed with several very exclusive chalets surrounding it which will probably live the rest of their days as bird nests. It is indeed a sad sight.
Once in the town i was at a loss for where to go for tonight. As i was finishing breakfast a fellow food lover hailed me for a chat. I was in my cycling gear and had the day to waste so why not?
Jan was his name and after a 20 minute chat i was on my way to Klawer. I am just short of there now at a bikers lodge.
The ride was again worth riding. I cannot keep trying to describe my surroundings as they change rapidly with even more beauty and amazement.
I am really starting to enjoy this trip as i get more into it. I do however miss my girlfriend dearly and of course all you cats. Roughly another 2 weeks and then i will be home to share a braai and a few beers before i head off to Namibia to go rafting.
Apologies that today's entry is a little slow. I am in need of a rest. I hope to pick it back up tomorrow. Now go and have fun it's Friday you crazy lot.  😎😉🤣

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are enjoying it and it sounds amazing! I love reading your blog! Miss you dearly too mwah xxx

    ReplyDelete