Tuesday 20 March 2018

Epic day

So Monday morning and time to get to Robertson to watch two days of the Epic. I have ridden it 3 times so be a change to watch.
The ride was good. I enjoy doing the longer distance. It suits me better. My brother said i would and he certainly is correct. Gravel is my preferred road but today would be tar.  The issue is the motorised vehicles. I am petrified of them. But what can you do? My friend's Jay and Tom were not there to shut the highways down. This will be remembered guys.
It was an enjoyable ride none the less. 110kms dealt with in 5 hours. Considering i am carrying my house on my back we will call it job well done. On my arrival i blend in like a cucumber in a fruit salad. You will remember i have an orange flag flying 3 meters off the back of my bike. That's not common for an epic team.
Shower done and off to have a drink with the 2 teams i am following. They both look happy and riding within themselves to last the duration.
To be honest i love this race but the entrance fee is ridiculous. 80K for a team. So far my holiday of 3 weeks is on 6K and i have slept in a proper bed 3 times and seen way more than i ever could have hoped for. I am thoroughly enjoying this trip and when i get home the plan for the next one will be hatched. I have new rules for my tours from now on. They will be revealed at the end of this gig.
It is a great way to travel and see our country. Maybe there is a business here?
It would suit me down to the ground. This is what life should be. Smiles and lots of coke (cola) wow you people! 😋
My diet has not been up to scratch so i haven't lost as much pant size as i wanted to. In fact i think i found a size 😭. One of my rules less chips and more salad 🤣 that is joke of course. No one likes salads.
I find myself watching the finish right now so i will sign off for the moment. Tomorrow will see me heading to Villiersdorp. About a hundred clicks down the road. Sort of down across and over a few small hills. I am excited to get moving for it.
Until then
Feicfidh mé níos déanaí thú.

No comments:

Post a Comment