Monday 12 March 2018

Turn around

Since i woke up this morning things have really turned around. I had a good sleep and woke up on the right side of the bed. The left side was against the wall. I felt terrific. You know those days. Pretty much every Saturday. You just know you are going to enjoy the day.
I gave myself 4 and a half hours to get back to Nieuwoudtville. Not a difficult task by any means. My stay last night included breakfast so off i went.
I need to tell you that quite a few of the towns i visit are pretty small and old school. The buildings are antiques and the occupants in much the same shape.
I enter the room where breakfast will be consumed. It had that old smell. Much like your grannys house. Not pleasant but i would endure it.
With eating done i left to finish packing and enjoy the last precious moments in the air conditioned room. Leaving it was a little emotional.
In a few short minutes i was doing what i was here to do. Ride my bike. It didn't take long before the cool damp smell of my room was but a memory.
It was as usual, just inspiring. The first 10 or so kilometres are down hill. Not too fast but you didn't need to pedal. This is absolutely correct. No one goes to work first thing on Monday and starts slogging it. The requirement is 3 cups of coffee and one story from a colleague before you start grinding that stone.
The hills after are rolling art works so there is little to be done. I am not entirely certain i took all this in yesterday with the blood dripping from my eyes.
I see 2 Springboks in the distance. They are beautiful majestic animals exactly the opposite of our national rugby team. They prance off into the distance not allowing me to capture the moment on my picture taker.
You cannot fault them as if you saw me coming towards you with my contraption you too would make a B line for safety.
Not too far ahead there is a supposed waterfall. My knowledge from the previous day reminds me that unless there was some sort of storm i am unaware of the waterfall will not be attracting any visitors today. Unfortunately i was correct. I decide to do my bit for nature and make a waterfall of my own off the bridge. Fortunately the roads were about as busy as the day before so i took my time.
Back up the last hill and i see the sign for Nieuwoudtville.
On sunday evening in the comfort of my old friend the air conditioner, i wrote to a camping site asking for availability for today and tomorrow. The reply was confirmed that my spot was reserved. I am grateful for this.
So the day is coming to its last quarter. I wish for you all health, happiness and friendship. I miss each and every one of you. Of one thing in my life a friendship is something to celebrate. We shall do this when i return.
Bonne Nuit.

1 comment: