Sunday 18 March 2018

Day off 😱

So when i arrived in Ceres yesterday i kind of already knew that today i wanted to watch the Epic Prologue. It's on my radar every year. My room has a tv which allowed me to do this. It was a must in my schedule.
So after a good breakfast i was glued to the tv for a good few hours. Very difficult to watch tv when you are glued to it so that is the last time i do that.
It was golden, absolutely stella. My team (the Bulls) rode like their name Bulls 💩. They did not perform at all. They will need to pull finger for another win. I am still cheering for them.
This has also lead to another update of plan. I am going to ride through to Robertson tomorrow to watch for a day or two. It's only 120kms down the road so very doable. My next post should be from there.
Epic done and dusted i went out for a few hours. Rode up to the dam which provides water for this town. You can see by the pictures things are dire. I don't know how full it is but the glass is certainly less than half empty.
When this dam was built i think they chose a spot that when they had lunch they could sit and have the best view possible. It is eye watering.
The wall is made of rock. It is an achievement in itself. Built to catch the water from the mountain it must be one of the most scenic masses of water on the continent. Architecture and engineering like this is an art and an absolute necessity for the continuation of life in cities and towns the world over. I salute the humans who dedicate their lives to the human kind progression.
A good few moments passed while i walked around in admiration.
The small smoke signal i noticed on the way up had now turned into a full blown argument between 2 towns.
It had turned into quite a blaze. Being from the Western Cape i knew the powers to be would be attending to it. I was not disappointed. Seconds later and i hear the rotor blades of helicopters flying above me. Wow these guys are good at their job. I watched as they flew bucket after bucket extinguishing the flames. Truly masters at work.
I sign off now to get some R&R so my reporting skills will be second to none tomorrow.
Schlaf schön schön.

No comments:

Post a Comment