Tuesday 6 March 2018

The ride

Ok i have healed and the coke (cola) has worked its magic.
The ride was sublime. Started off with about 30kms of pretty flat and very scenic gravel road. The exception being a short stretch of tar here and there. The reason behind this is that the incline is so steep you need asphalt for grip. I know you think i am full of 💩. I kid you not though. This is how it rolls around here.
I arrive at the top of a relatively small ascent. I stop. Full stop.
The views are just ridiculous. It takes me a minute to get my breath back. Once reality returns i realize i am at the top of an incredible descent. If you have ever ridden a bike you will know how i was feeling.
Unfortunately my absolute joy is cracked when i see the exit at the other end. If you have ever climbed Everest or seen a movie about it this is the mountain they use to practice on.
Anyways i get going. At the bottom of it all is a top notch place. I enter and have a coke and chips. Bid my farewells and hear the staff laughing when i tell them where i am going. I actually just pointed. They gave me a wooden cross. I suspect it was to show where i got to. The vultures started circling above me.
Low and behold i am here to tell the story so i made it. Just over an hours walk/ride/crawl. Before you shoot me down my bags weigh about 30kgs with my bike. Give it a go one day to see what i mean.
At the summit i saw the Oasis. The very place i am writing this. It was only a 60km ride today but one of the hardest so far. I have only done 5 so i guess one of the easiest.
Who knows.
Until then totsiens.

No comments:

Post a Comment