Friday 23 March 2018

For realzies

So sitting on my couch it seems surreal that it all happened. I had fun, i was scared, i was excited but absolutely most of all i know i love riding my bike. That's what the trip was about and to that end great success.
I woke luckily,  feeling a little apprehensive about riding through to Bergvliet. It meant making my way through 2 towns. Stellenbosch and Cape Town. Stellenbosch was much of a muchness. They are used to bicycles so not much issue there. I use the sidewalk when available. Going up going down riding like a kid on a bmx. It is fun and keeps me honest while avoiding pedestrians. They can be a bit of a menace so i advise you all now with extreme caution if you see an orange bike with an orange flag flying get out of my way. If we collide i will mace you and scream and punch you. Inevitably it is your fault. Now that we have that out of the way i thank you.
Over the last hill until i drop into Cape Town. There is a thick black layer of smog. (Picture supplied). I don't know what happened but it smells like a fire. Maybe the town is having a mass braai for my return? Maybe they have decided to burn juju at the stake. Either way it is an unpleasant sight and the mayor already has a letter of my disapproval. The smell is unpleasant and my sight is distorted.
I sweep it under the carpet which seems to be getting full now.
After many narrow misses several words i shall not repeat i am on the home straight. Absolutely everything is familiar. Since my departure nothing has changed. This disappoints me slightly as i have a weekend ahead and i was wishing for an adventure or two. I guess i will just have to ride my bike.
🤔😉
I arrive at the street to which i live. It's emotional. I have been gone 22 days. My body is ready to relax for a little and have a refreshing beer (Picture supplied) over the period of my trip i decided not to have any alcohol and keep it strictly to riding and clean living. I had achieved this and i was happy with that.
So for today it's a wrap. I bid you good night.
As previously mentioned i will keep this going. We shall be trying our luck at white water rafting later next week. I feel it will be an experience for all 4 of us.
If you are interested then log on and see the progress we make. Tomorrow sometime i will post all the figures for the ride. Not all the ladies i have seen but rather the numbers achieved.
Roughly 2000kms in 3 weeks. Not quite what i was after.
Sleep tight all 🤗

No comments:

Post a Comment