Saturday 10 March 2018

Second half

My ride takes me very briefly on the N7. I don't like riding on national roads bar the fact that it is illegal. Anyway there aren't many options. As i am riding i see the 5 0. Crap i think how am i going to explain this to them... I immediately break into a frenzied questionnaire with them about the road i am looking for. They look confused. The sign for the road i am looking for is right next to them. They point at it and say can't you see? I thank them for their service and get moving. It's only about another kilometre so it takes but a jiffy.
On my way to Vredendal. The ride again is just filled with such simple beauty. It is one i cannot get over. The dryness and the lack of any greenery.
I arrive at a wine farm called "teubes". My local grape farms which i frequent in Cape Town are going to take some trouble beating. I don't want to say but this place may be a new addition to my top 3. For this trip my decision was not to consume any alcohol. Shit.... stupid rule No1. I have a coke inside and chat to the owner or owners son. He was groomed to perfection and i thought here we go this guy must think i am a bergie.
My wrongness on this trip has reached levels that one cannot fathom. I mean even a clock is right twice a day. ⌚
We get talking and again he is someone who just makes me believe this world is a good place. After my drink he wishes me well and says i am a strong man. I thank him and depart.
I ride through Vredendal and believe me when i say i saw what cannot be unseen. This is the bush right. The arse end of the Western Cape. Our toilets contents end up here don't they?
Well they do not. Their new shopping mall looks like something out of a fantasy book. It is simply marvelous. I take a quick spin in the car park. I thought i was at Constantia the only thing lacking was a snooty attitude. It was a complete breath of fresh air.
Anyhoo. I now find myself another 25kms down the road at the real place where our toilets flush to. Vanrynsdorp. Or Dorp for short.
I am hoping to get to the Windmill Museum in Loeriesfontein tomorrow. That will be my longest day if i achieve it. 110kms with one pass for the day Vanrhyns Pass.
Until then Buenas Noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment