Wednesday 21 March 2018

Didn't make it!

I left after watching the start of the Epic. Good to be leaving although i would love to do that race again one day. Just in case some of you were thinking of sponsoring me to do it. Anybody? Nobody? Alright then moving swiftly along.
Today's ride was one i was not entirely sure of. I knew where i was and i knew where i wanted to be. On the one map the route was exactly what the doctor ordered. On the other map however the road was non existent. In life this is where you take the chance and go with your gut. I did that and it took me to an excellent little coffee shop just inside Robertson. Breakfast had never tasted so good.
With the days feed out the way it was time to start riding. Obviously i went with the road less travelled. Colin one of my friends doing the Epic said the road i was taking would lead me to my destination. Well i am not there yet. Roughly 30kms into my trip i found myself in a valley that could possibly be one of the most scenic places i have ridden through. To add to this, my mostest favourite item is grown in abundance here. Wine grapes of course. As far as the eye could see rows of beautiful little balls of red and white wine. I had to stop to catch my breath.
Out the valley on the other side and i notice the fence has gotten substantially taller. A game fence i see. This puts me in a difficult situation. Ride safe and watch the road or scan the terrain for any sign of life. I go with the latter. It is a bit of a blank for a bit as i don't see any signs of life. Then suddenly as i take a sort of a right hand turn i am met with a beautiful male Springbok. Much like myself he is currently alone wandering the beautiful lands.
Unfortunately before i could get my camera ready and snap a shop he was off. I watched him glide off and thought to myself that is exactly what i must look like when i go running. A majestic beast that all others long to be. It was truly magnificent.
That was sightseeing for the day. Nothing else was out to show themself off. I was a little disappointed but happy i got to see a fellow leader of a tribe.
Down the road it was a sharp left turn back onto the tar. I was going well and having a blast.
I passed a winery of whose products i have tasted. I saluted them and thanked them for their galliant efforts to keep the world hydrated. Today is a public holiday so i didn't see any movement from the grounds.
Not long after this is where my trip takes an immediate halt. I have seen a sign. A good one. I am about 15kms from where i wanted to be.
Over the next two days i will have more than enough time to get home. The decision is made. I shall camp here for the night.
So i find myself at Rivierplaas Campsite. A little gem of a place. There is very little activity apart from myself here. I am just thrilled. With my washing done and all the days chores completed i shall sign off and wish you all a fantastic evening. Thanks for reading and see you all soon. Peace and love peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment