Monday 26 March 2018

Totals

Done my maths and definitely did not do as much as i wanted to. But this was a learning curve and learn i did. So much to see out there and so much to do. You could spend a year doing this and probably not see everything you wanted to. It does get tiring being away from home and sleeping on a tiny mattress. I also missed my friends and family very much.
As i said previously these tours could and for me should be roughly 2 weeks long. This is enough time to get some solid mileage in and see and do loads of stuff. Meet great people and see how the country is progressing or not.
So we have 1652 kilometres and 16492 meters if climbing. Nice enjoyable ride. We start our trip to Namibia tomorrow to go rafting with friends then we are off camping for a few days. I will endeavor to keep this blog going as the feedback i have had has been great.
I thank you all very much for taking the time to read and follow this progression of my life. I hope i can keep you entertained and coming back for more. I am no writer but i do enjoy staring some of the magical moments i have been allowed to live.
I made the error of reading the news today and am saddened by what goes on in this world. We have become slightly less giving and a little more selfish as a species. I generalize this statement so i am not looking at anyone individually. Just throwing it across the board. There are however acts of extreme and gracious kindness as well.
I hope to be remembered as the latter as i think this world needs more heroes than villains. It makes us a better race.
So chat soon and hope you are all well.
Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment