Saturday 17 March 2018

Of course it are

My decision was a good one. I know this road i have travelled it. I am now moving west and the wind is behind me like we are behind jz to go to jail. It is a great feeling. It will be better when he is behind bars.
I have an effortless ride to op die berg. 40kms in 2 hours. I am satisfied my decision was correct. I give myself a pat on the back. Feeling like i just won a game of poker i buy a sandwich and cool drink for my celebration. It doesn't take long to put that in the gas tank and get moving.
This was to be the most harrowing 60kms of my life. Between op die berg and Ceres is a magnificent road. Unfortunately it has no shoulder for me to ride. It is a Saturday morning and the farm employees must have been paid. The mini bus taxis are driving between the two towns faster than i could kill mosquitoes. I have never been this shit scared on a bicycle. It needs to be done. I cannot stop.
With the grace of me being a skilled and accomplished rider i get to something I have only seen twice before.
Gydo pass. It is astounding. To the left a massive fire has caused destruction only mugabe could ever achieve. It was a disaster. To the right a different story. Green and flourishing. Below Ceres and many empty dams.
I hit the descent. How old am i goes through my head. Swoooosh left, right, left. Flying like a mad man. It is fun.
I get to the bottom and man oh man what a smile. My search for a campsite begins. I don't want to drag this out as i am still working through my lack of preparedness. After an hour yes an hour of searching i find out the only campsite is full. Can you believe it. Full 🤔😡.
So i find myself now in a small B&B watching the rugby. Not all that bad i guess.
Ireland with a comfortable lead. Half time  at the minute. Off to get me a soda. Catch you all tomorrow for the Cape Epic.
Dobrou noc 😉

1 comment: