Tuesday 13 March 2018

No longer

After my brief but important trip to Bagdad Cafe it was time for the return trip. I had seen a vehicle with 4 occupants enjoying the same meal as i did at the stop. They were on the return trip from the CTCT (argus). Friendly bunch. They did look at me a bit sideways though. I informed them i had ridden to CapeTown down the Argus and was now on my way home. You should have seen their faces. It was a kodac moment. I explained to them that i was raising money for the gullible and duped foundation. I very nearly gave them my bank details and said feel free to make a contribution.
I was just about to start the ascent to Van rhyns pass when they overtook me with them cheering me on from the vehicle windows. I waved and off they went.
Earlier in the day on my descent the valley was covered with a beautiful coat of cloud. This had gone now leaving me to tackle the climb in 35 plus heat. It was much like eating fillet steak with piri piri sauce. You know you want it but there are going to be consequences.
A spectacular rhythm is found. Weaving side to side and powering as much as i can. It is working but i can feel the slight tinge of the piri piri coming through. If you have ever ridden a bike and absolutely maxed it the feeling was nothing like it. The issue was a little more serious. You see i had only eaten about 40 minutes ago and the food had not settled. Trying to make the feeling subside i back off a bit. Too late. I was about to lose my hundred rand breakfast. Fortunately my mind is stronger than my stomach so i pull over and let things calm down a bit.
It wasn't long until i was ready to resume my assault on the days work. Luckily it went on without any further hiccups. I reached the summit and was felling much better. The end stretch is only about 10kms to the little town.
On reaching the crossroads to turn right i see quite a commotion a short distance ahead. I ride on to see the circus that it is. Apparently parliament is doing the rounds and today was the day they were to be in Nieuwoudtville.
I say this with absolute certainty. Our government has no desire at all to work for the voters. These performers were showboating around. Several out of the box, top end Range Rovers. More police than one would think would be necessary. The amount of money this act was costing could have probably paid for a settlement of RDP houses. It is a little sad but this is how the world works.
I can probably guess most African and probably many European countries are run this way.
I have decided to refrain from going through the news while on vacation. So i shall leave that right there.
I now find myself looking out in the distance at another of my very gifted views. The fortune I have been granted to do this trip keeps paying me out. I take nothing for granted and i hope i do not come across as being white monopoly capital while you read through my blog. I am extremely grateful and honored to be doing what i love.
Take care for now
Estoy agradecido

1 comment: